Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had my Z for about 3 months now and I haven't really made any modifications. However, I would like to start with the suspension and only springs are within my budget, I was thinking about going the TEIN way with this but I'm not sure yet. I helped a friend install som s techs in his STI and the car is now really low, I don't want to do that to my car since it's a daily driver. What do you guys know about the TEIN springs for the Z? what about alignment issues? How low do they go? :locked:

·
Registered
284 Posts
tein

High Tech:

-0.3" front
-0.2" rear

S. Tech:

-0.7" front
-0.6" rear

tein makes excellent springs/coilovers for all it's applications. they are a true japanese company, and are probably the highest selling spring/coilover company on the import market today.

regarding alignment, it is always advisable to have your alignment done immedietly after lowering any vehicle. this is especially important given the feathering issue that nissan gave us from the factory.

even the s.tech's give the z a coneservative drop for daily driving, given the fact that with a true coilover you can go much lower. in the end it's your call on how low you want the car. my .02, dump it!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just because a brand is from Japan and it's popular in the US doens't mean it's the best. Yea, TEIN might be the highest selling in the US but how is it in Japan? Not very good.

I'm not saying TEIN is crap, just over priced. (coilovers) Their popular because their the first JDM suspension company to distribute in the US.

I have TEIN Stech, and I like it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by stu46@Nov 20 2004, 07:45 PM
Just because a brand is from Japan and it's popular in the US doens't mean it's the best.  Yea, TEIN might be the highest selling in the US but how is it in Japan?  Not very good. 

I'm not saying TEIN is crap, just over priced.  (coilovers)  Their popular because their the first JDM suspension company to distribute in the US.

I have TEIN Stech, and I like it.

1. nobody said that because tein is a japanese company they are the best.

2. tein sells very well in japan. i have met the owner of tein (he recently did a tour of the united states, visiting all of his authorized dealers, and he was at the '04 sema show) and personally asked him that same question. they are roughly equivelent to eibach in the united states.

3. teil basics list price is $890. many vendors sell them for $799. this is a true coilover. how much should true coilovers cost????? please show me a reputable japanes company (jic, hks, cusco, tanabe etc) with a cheaper list price for their coilover.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Of course the owner is going to tell you that. Their a decent company. I can get a set of HKS for the same price as TEIN. I went with TEIN cause I was in a car show, doinga favor for a friend, and didn't have enough money for a coilover set. Plus I got the TEINs for cheap from my friend.

If you were to read all of the TEIN threads, it's almost implied. Since everyone has TEIN kinda thing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here's a shot of my DB with Tein S techs I have a 1" spacer as well
both Z's have stock 17's Nice drop. I had my dealership install them for me and check allignment in the same whack.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
i dont have to ask the owner of tein to know that tein sells well in japan. i have friends and family that live there. also, i dont see how it benefits me for the owner of tein to tell me how his product sells in any other country. how does that affect me? why would he lie?

the cheapest hks coilover is the hipermax rs. they list for $1925.00. http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1991&rsku=5935 . saying that you can get them for the same price as tein basic ($800.00 give or take) is saying that you can get them for roughly 60% off list. NOBODY gets 60% off list on hks. not sp engineering, not promotions, not options, not mvp, NOBODY. and these are the largest vendors of hks in the united states. so whom ever you are claiming can get you hipermax coilovers is either a. selling you used ones, or b. selling you stolen ones, or c. is paying you to take them. if any of these 3 scenarios fit you, then you are truly alone in this world. your situation does not apply to the masses by any stretch of the imagination.

i personally have the hks hipermax ls (now discontinued) on my track z, but i would never say that they're in anyway better than tein basics. how are they better? they're both height adjusting coilovers only; they do not allow for dampner adjustability. when it comes to japanese coilovers of this same quality/caliber, purchasing them is based on brand preference.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by Randall P.@Nov 20 2004, 08:50 PM
Here's a shot  of my DB with Tein S techs I have a 1" spacer as well
both Z's have stock 17's  Nice drop. I had my dealership install them for me and check allignment in the same whack.

very nice. for the money/quality, you really cannot beat tein s.tech's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts