Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....

I have heard some people on this site talking about these.. what type of adjustments can you make with the EDFC?? Vert / stiffness ? or what exactly... SOUNDS PRETTY BADD A$$ :)

PRICEY, BUT NICE!!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Okay,

The EDFC allows you to change the dampening of the suspension from inside the car. The suspension has 16 levels of dampening, with zero being the hardest setting and obviously 16 the softest. Now, tein says that you actually have 32 levels of dampening when EDFC is installed, but only 16 digits (0-16) come up on the Unit, so I just say there is still only 16 settings.

The EDFC cannot raise and lower your car, you still have to do that yourself outside the car. Also, for your reference, I have the Flex suspension with EDFC and even when it is set on the softest setting(16), it is still harder/stiffer than stock suspension. When I go to the other extreme and set it on the hardest setting (0), it is really hard. You will notice a difference. But the difference is very slight from the softest setting to the hardest setting, overall it is still stiff/hard. Unless you are interested in racing your car, this would probably not be the most comfortable setup you can get for street driving. I would make a suggestion that if you want to have EDFC and a nice suspension, go for the CS suspension, it is a little softer and is still compatible with EDFC.

Hope this info helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts