Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, but only found three topics that mention TEIN Basic.

Here is my issue: TEIN Basics and Koni's with springs are basically priced the same. The Koni and spring package would only be marginally more expensive. So, I am trying to decide between the two. Here is what I need and what I know:

What I need:
1. Lower price (please don't suggest the FLEX or JIC's)
2. Good street performance. Will accept slightly rougher than stock ride.
3. Great track performance - I know the Koni's will do it.
4. Adjustable drop a slight concern
5. Some concern over damper adjustability.

Given that the Koni's with RS*R Ti2000 down springs will only cost a little more than the TEIN Basics, why should I go with the basics? Do they perform well on the track? Is it worth it to give up the damper adjustability that the Koni's have for height adjustability?

Most importantly, what is the minimum drop offered on the Basics? If the minimum drop is lower than stock, then I will pass right away. I want to be able to drop the car, but I don't want to be forced into a minimum drop of 0.5-1.0".

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple follow-up questions: one the TEIN basic, can you set ride height independent of spring preload? Also, do they come with the pillow-ball upper mount like the FLEX?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
470 Posts
id go with tein i had the springs and they worked realy good and i just installed the tein flex with edfc they work great at the track and they have many setting so it depends what u are doing if its drifting , circuit racing, or just citydriving so id go with tein!! i used to have a lap time of 1.32 with the stock suspension, then with the springs i got it to 1.30 and now with the coil overs i did a 1.27 lap time, and beat a porsche carrera 4s!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are going to track your car, I would go with the Koni's and RSR. If you just want to lower the car and get a little better handling, get the Tein Basics. I have the Basics and they are pretty decent, but I believe the Koni's and RSR's would be better for the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts