Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does Nissan fix these problems under warranty? Or for free? OR what?
Yes, provided your car meets the guidelines. Each TSB has its own guidelines such as VIN number range, build dates, year model, etc.. If your car does not fit in the guidelines, but is still experiencing the problem, they may fix it anyways. But they might not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, provided your car meets the guidelines. Each TSB has its own guidelines such as VIN number range, build dates, year model, etc.. If your car does not fit in the guidelines, but is still experiencing the problem, they may fix it anyways. But they might not.
So if i have the 2003 inteior squeek and rattle, all I need to do is tell them its 'tsb 02-122' or is there some other numbers i should be aware of :)? also is there any place to check if my vin is covered? I noticed some of the TSB list them but not all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so does the car have to still be under warranty for these fixes ? or will they fix it even if my car is no longer under warranty but it meets the vin/date information in the tbs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your warranty is up I think the only thing they have to fix by law are any TSBs dealing with emissions / safety (such as a seatbelt). Could be completely wrong of course though.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Wasnt there a recall or at least a TSB on the fuel filler necks? I thought I remember reading it somewhere now I forget

For instance, my **** fuel tank CANT be filled past half way <_> and the dealer says I need to run my tank to empty, bring it to them, and let them put a new fuel tank and neck in, which would take overnight for sure and I refuse to pay for a rental car for a defect to be fixed

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Wasnt there a recall or at least a TSB on the fuel filler necks? I thought I remember reading it somewhere now I forget.
For instance, my **** fuel tank CANT be filled past half way <_> and the dealer says I need to run my tank to empty, bring it to them, and let them put a new fuel tank and neck in, which would take overnight for sure and I refuse to pay for a rental car for a defect to be fixed.
it's in the wiki. i doubt a new tank is necessary but a bit less than a 1/4 tank of gas when you bring it in....is.

·
Registered
653 Posts
An excellent source for TSBs is the Nissanhelp web site (Link). Put your mouse pointer over "Ownership" and click on "Service Bulletins," then follow the links. You must be registered to view or download TSBs, and you can only download 1 file per day with a free registration. If you pay the $10/year subscription fee, you can download as many files per day as you want.

Service manuals are also available. You can only download complete manuals (all sections) if you have a paid subscription, but individual sections can be downloaded free. If the section you want isn't shown, ask the moderator to upload it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts