Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drive in the same empty parking garage every morning and go all the way to the highest covered floor so nobody parks next to me. Some times I go up and do all left turns, sometimes all right turns depending on the entrance I go in at. Normally I am in either first or second gear and sometimes it is wet and sometimes it's not.

So almost every day, I play with how much I can slide it before the slip light comes on. What I have noticed is how tail happy the Z can get with TCS "ON" without the slip light flashing or any power "management" kicking in. Most days now I can get half sideways and back without the light flashing. I know the TCS works because I can make it flash if I overdo the input.

I guess this could be the difference between TCS and VDC, that if I keep the wheels at a fairly constant speed the computer does not know I am going sideways while turning.

Just an observation, anyone else play with the TCS or VDCs limits, if so, what have you found?

Chris

·
Registered
191 Posts
My TCS kicks on so quick, if I am pushing my car, and I go over a hump that causes the body to raise a bit, my slip light will go, let alone even getting the slightest bit sideways. I leave it on for now, untill I become more comfortable with the car, but my TCS is so quick.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have found the VDC is very touchy. Any little spin and I loose power and the light flashes.

It will not save your ass at high speeds as i found out the hard way.. 120+ is probably not a good place to test VDC capabilities :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
[/quote]

I note that the touchiness changes as my rear tire wear more rapidly than front.
Partly due to less rear grip, but I also beleive to the reducing stagger between rear vs. fronts. I would expect that a larger stagger would numb the TCS a bit, were as a lower stagger would make it more trigger happy.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
TCS is 'touchy on mine...comes a little loose if I 'try'.

TCS off.....is sideways city! LOVE it. It's one of the reasons I bought a Z33 instead of some awd pos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts