Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Maybe we could meet at harry's shop! That way we could see him too!

He's even got a big car park!

Wonder what Mrs Harry would say though? If he's not allowed out, there might be trouble if a dozen or so Z's all turn up at once!

Wodder yer reckon, H?

Seriously, now, I don't think it's going to suit too many to come all the way to Newcastle for my benefit. I'll go anywhere - find a spot where we can get a lunch or brekkie or whatever, have a yarn, inspect the cars, have an ale maybe and tell a few lies.

But somebody decide, and barring a disaster, I'll be there.

Harry - I'll take the camera up to C'town and take a pic of you so's they can see you.

FRIZZLE

:goodtimes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Shizzle my love, you are more than welcome to come to my shop. I have one at Maitland too! Perhaps you could go to Charlestown and then to Green Hills, that WOULD be fun!

Sorry, as I mentioned earlier I will be in Sydney. I am taking my son to Luna Park and the Museum.

I promise I will catch up with everyone soon enough, I am real and do drive a Z!

Not that I'm going but the Terrigal bit sounds all right. Plenty of room to park, a good feed of fish and chips. You'll have to get some travellers though as I don't think they serve "refreshments" there.

Be careful on your drive whatever you do.

As always

H

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Originally posted by Duncan@Mar 28 2005, 01:39 AM
hmmm, thats a big call from the bloke with an avatar that says you do 200 on the road......

Just to update you, SAU has *never* had an accident, defect, or any police issue on any cruise we have run.  Please think twice before you name names.

My avatar shows a speed limit sign that goes off to 200, not a speedo indicating it or some other bold claim. Which means that, in that location with no environmental or traffic issues, should my car hit 200 it would be perfectly legal.

I advocate the resetting of speed limits to better suit current road and car conditions, and having previously cruised at 200km/hr on a highway for an hour or so, I know that it can be perfectly safe in the right place (in my specific case on a dead straight stretch of road in the middle of the Outback, but I have driven on far nicer highways that would more comfortably support that speed than the Stuart) as long as your vehicle and driver is up for it.

At any rate, I didn't speak about behaviour I spoke about appearance. Having been on one or two SAU cruises, there are cars that attract attention from the police. Whether it be huge bodykits, large wheels, or artwork on the body, it still stands out when a whole bunch of them hang out together. The kind of affectations that members of this forum don't really have.

Its full credit to the behavior of the SAU guys that they haven't had cop issues, especially if you guys have arranged any cruises recently, since I know that a flock of modified Skylines always stands out and I know that not every vehicle in the club has modifications that have been engineered.

But still, a half a dozen SAU members pulling up somewhere in my experience stands out a lot more than a half a dozen 350z-tech members given the nature of the vehicles.

I'll bear it in mind for next time though.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts