Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have people done for light/other switch installs that they want to look as stock as possible. One of the things I love about my Z is how cleanly laid out the interior is. Unfortuneately, that makes it hard to find places for swtiches.

Next to the VDC switch I have a blank spot. Can switches be had at the dealer that will fit here (or an aftermarket one that looks like the stock ones?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
The blank spot you're talking about, does it have a cover that can removed?
If so, take the blank to Radio Shack, or an Automotive Parts Store. Match the size and locking tab to the switch you want. It should be fairly easy to find a similar switch that closely matches the Z's.

Sorry, don't have a blank spot on mine, got the soft top operation switch there.
Whatever switch you use, rocker or push button, make sure the amp rating can handle the load of the device you're planning on using. If not, use a relay. Personally I'd use the relay for anything over 5amps, placing it as close to the device as possible, so I can run small gauge (16) wiring under the dash and around the car.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by PaulO@Sep 28 2005, 09:38 AM
Whatever switch you use, rocker or push button, make sure the amp rating can handle the load of the device you're planning on using. If not, use a relay. Personally I'd use the relay for anything over 5amps, placing it as close to the device as possible, so I can run small gauge (16) wiring under the dash and around the car.
[snapback]158764[/snapback]​

Always use a relay... Just safer that way. This is fog lights, so it will be a high-power feed for the lights, through a relay (properly fused). I prefer to only run the low-power required to trigger a relay up into the interior (aside from amp cables).

I'll have to see if I can pop out the blank, and what the switch mounting tabs are... Need to track down the FSM for this car, still.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, hopefully not considered a thread hijack, but....
I am also planning uses for the blank switch locations forward of the cup holder (I bought the base model, so I have 3).

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover where those switches are located? I would hate to break it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Hi, hopefully not considered a thread hijack, but....
I am also planning uses for the blank switch locations forward of the cup holder (I bought the base model, so I have 3).

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover where those switches are located? I would hate to break it.

Thanks!
you have to take off the middle console and then it just pops out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts