Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks-
Quick qusetion for you. I have a Silverstone Z and I've noticed some swirl marks. I usally use Meg's 3 step wax process and I was wondering which step I should use to remove the swirls, the Cleaner or the Polish. I've heard people say one will work better than the other and vice versa. Any thoughts? And one more thing, what's the BEST drying towel I can pick up at AutoZone or PepBoys?
Thanks All,
-jason

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I am not familiar w/ the Megs 3 step, but my guess is neither. Unless the cleaner wax is designed to take swirlies out, then you need to use a different product. Go to www.autopia.org the best site out there as far as detailing goes. I use the "Absorber", it's synthetic and works great w/o scratching....

OK don't know which products you use but....start w/ the swirl remover, and if that doesn't work use the mildest cutting cleaner wax they have, then if that doesn't get them all out, then go to the next level of cutting power.

Start with this:

Swirl Remover (Mirror Glaze 9)

Swirl Remover 2.0 is a deep gloss cleaner/polish. It removes fine scratches and swirl marks, while providing a dark, dramatic shine. Formulated to reduce splatter and make application and wipe-down easier.

then move to Fine-Cut Cleaner (Mirror Glaze 2)

Fine-Cut Cleaner is a mildly abrasive cleaner that removes fine surface defects including light oxidation, stains, scratches, swirls and fresh water spots. Diminishing Abrasives™ cut quickly, then reduce to a polishing rouge, while Buffered Abrasive™ action lubricates the finish to prevent scratching.

Then move to this if it does not work...

Medium-Cut Cleaner (Mirror Glaze 1)

Medium-Cut Cleaner is a moderately abrasive cleaner that removes medium defects, including swirls, water spots and water sanding marks. Diminishing Abrasives™ cut quickly, then reduce to a polishing rouge, while Buffered Abrasive™ action lubricates the finish to prevent scratching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts