Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had taken y motor from my05 G35 and put it in my 03 350z there was nothing wrong with the motor when I finally got into the Z I got a no crank no start the starter is fine it clicks but won’t turn then I tried turning it with my hand and it’s locked up now I have the car jacked up if I can turn the back wheels shouldn’t the motor also turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had taken y motor from my05 G35 and put it in my 03 350z there was nothing wrong with the motor when I finally got into the Z I got a no crank no start the starter is fine it clicks but won’t turn then I tried turning it with my hand and it’s locked up now I have the car jacked up if I can turn the back wheels shouldn’t the motor also turn

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Driveline tension and compression will probably make turning the rear wheels impossible if the clutch is in. To turn the engine over manually, you'll need to put your Z in neutral and use a ratchet and socket on the crank pulley.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the starter is fine it clicks but won’t turn
The click is just the solenoid - not the starter
The battery could be low
The starter may not be engaging the ring gear - also preventing the current flowing to the starter

As per the reply from dkmura, put the transmission in neutral and use a spanner on the crank pulley to check the engine rotation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts