Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Hotchkis TVS Stage I suspension kit last week. I just got back from the Nissan Dealer where I had an alignment done. The following are the resulting specs. For those that know where they should be, please comment on the resulting numbers.

Front: Left / Right
Camber -1.1deg / -1.3deg
Cross Camber 0.2deg
Toe 0.01deg / 0.01deg
Total Toe 0.02deg

Rear: Left / Right
Camber -1.8deg / -2.0deg
Cross Camber 0.02deg
Toe 0.03deg / 0.02deg
Total Toe 0.05deg
Thrust Angle 0.01deg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was this with balast in the driver's seat?

I don't like the fact that you have significantly more camber on the right then on the left (mechanical limits?). What is the caster set at?

You have a moderately aggressive alignment. With aggressive driving your wear should be fine, but if you drive like a wimp (in the corners) you will have significant wear on the inner shoulders.

Unless your a perfectionist I wouldn't worry. The alignment is probably more even than when you drove it off the showroom.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The #'s shown are all that was on the print-out. There were no caster readings on it. I too was wondering why the right and left camber seem to differ so much. The dealer insisted it was all within factory acceptable ranges. Oh, no ballast by the way. The driver seat was empty during the alignment process. Could the diff in camber left/right be to offset when there is a driver in the car???????

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yup, those numbers are still within the dealers acceptable range. That just shows you how "loose" their tolerances are! With balast you will gain more camber on the left; further increasing the discrepancy. If you think about it, there is a 20% difference on your left/right camber!! I would find a new shop!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts