Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So pardon my lament here....

My car is lowered with the Eibach pro-kit springs and I have the Vizage kit installed. My ground clearance front and sides is pretty minimal now (speed bumps are no longer an option for me with this car). I haven't measured it, but trust me, it's low. I took my car in to Nissan for the dreaded axle clicking TSB. The mechanic took one look at the car and said "nope, we can't get that on the lift." Now the lift is not the runner-type that you have to drive up on to, it's the swing-arm type where you drive into the bay and they simply place the lift arms under the jack points from the sides of the car. I'll concede that it's going to take some creativeness to get the lift arms in place, but this guy wouldn't even consider it. He said, "We can do your rear axle TSB by jacking up the back end at the differential, so you're ok this time." So basically, I've voided my warranty for any part that requires under-carriage access to service. Sure, I could take the skirts off, but that's not a great option considering the amount of DS tape used to hold those things in place.

I've created my own headache, but I sure like the way it looks ;)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have to say I really like the way the car looks! Too bad about the other issue. Couldn't they use wooden blocks on those lift arms and swing it under?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Find another f#kin dealer! One who understands SPORTScars...if such exists in your area....

I've had a bad svc experience at my local...so will try another, next time around.

$.02

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
the problem is they can't get the swing arms under because of the clearance. when i had my other car they just took a floor jack and lifted it barely enough to get the swing arms under. not sure if i would try this with a Z though but it may work

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The Z is pretty low to begin with. The day I bought I ran into a guy at the gas station who tried to run his through a car wash (don't ask me why he'd go to a car wash and not do it himself) and the guide rail thing ripped off his front bumper.

Not sure if all those things are the same height, but be carefule and check first before you take your through.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Steve350Z@Sep 20 2004, 06:37 PM
the problem is they can't get the swing arms under because of the clearance.  when i had my other car they just took a floor jack and lifted it barely enough to get the swing arms under.  not sure if i would try this with a Z though but it may work.

Yeah, I'd be ok in the back, as they can probably get a floor jack under the rear-apron to the diff, but in the front, no chance. I'm gonna have to build an incremental ramp and bring it with me to the dealership and pray that my lift points aren't obscured by the kit (haven't looked just yet.) I guess it's the price I have to pay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts