Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small door ding on the left side and some rock chips on the front bumper. For some reason I also have minor but noticeable scratch on the driver's door sill. Any suggestions on how to fix those blemishes? I'm trying to make my z look the same way when I rolled out of the showroom but feel uneasy taking my car to a bodyshop. Can anyone refer me to a good bodyshop/paintshop in the Denver area?

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
the rock chips unfortunately are very common on this car.. the factory paint is horrible! i have scratched the paint with my fingernails on accident!

my front bumper looked like i ran through a sand storm with rocks!

i had my entire front end repainted.. it looks so much better now.

if u have a few chips and small scratches, you can fill them in with touchup paint, then wetsand and buff the area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toykilla,

How much did it cost you to get your front end painted? Does the paint exactly match your hood and fenders?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
well, i know a guy that works in a body shop so i got it done dirt cheap.

I had them blend the fenders so you cant tell that it has been painted. matches great!

with blending the essentially "blend" the new paint into the old paint on the adjacent body panels, getting rid of the abrupt change in color that is typical with body work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts