Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think? this will go in the stock location and fit the majority of 10's...

triying to get it mass produced once the design is final

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes.. keep in mind this is prelim.. im waiting to hear back about molds.. then we might get a little more creative!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Toykilla,
You should include the depth from the mounting rim to the bottom of the box. This will answer that question if a certain 10" sub to large for this box. By the way the box is looking very nice in the pre build stage, and I'm sure it will sound great too.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all specs will be included once i get the design done.. i still havnt heard back from the mold facility

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate to say this, but i think this project is on hold for awhile.. I will continue working on it, but right now I only have about 1 day per week that i can devote to this thing.. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
What materials would you consider making this out of? Polystyrene? Polypro? ABS? How would the top and bottom peices be held together?

This box would have to have some serious ribbing in it to make is even close to useable for a sealed box design.

Not to rain on the parade here, but the inj. molding tool for an enclosure would be about $10,000 or more.....

If you planned on fiberglassing this, then it would be a lot easier ...

just my ten cents
-jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
toykilla-
do you by any chance have any renderings of the box with the dimensions? ive been wanting to figure out how to fiberglass and seems like a cool project to try and do (as well as not being too difficult because it's not curvacious).

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is on hold until i clear my plate of a few other projects.. just not enough time to fully tackle this one right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts