Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am very new, i just bought a 2004 350z. Well i dont have the bose system. So I have my alpine HU, amp and subs ready to install. I have a 12in JL w6v2. I beeen looking through all these posts with pictures. Where do you guys get all your sub boxes? I need one to fit one 12. Can you guys give me some suggestions, pictures, and where you guys get your sub boxes that fit in the 350? Thanks, much help appreciated

·
Registered
728 Posts
[/quote]

Most are getting them from the HERE - he doesn't have any 12" enclosures up right now, but maybe email him

I am having a custom enclosure made by copperZ from my350z. Either one will work for you and are about the same price.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i can say that some of the guys and gals here are quite talented and for hire. draw something up and put out some cash and you might just get something better than you could have bought pre manufactured

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. So how much do making custom boxes usually run? Would anyone be willing to make one for me? i got cash.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think it will fit under the strut. If anything, you will need to remove the spare. It's an awesome sub though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[/quote]

hey bro, i just built a fiberglass sub box for my z that fits a 12 it fits in the rear 1/4 panel and leaves plenty of space in the trunk i am triing to market these i will send you a pic if y0our interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for an sub box to hold 2 twelves...and I'm debating between in front of strut bar facing upwards and angled inwards...(Saw the picture on this site) or under the strut bar coming out since two twelves could not be flush like 10's..... does any one have thoughts on the pros and cons of each setup...? Is one setup better sounding then the other... I heard firing the subs towards the rear sounds better...but I don't want a grill and fear damaging them if I ever put anything in the trunk! It's my daily driver...any suggestions or insights would be great..!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have two JL Audio 12's flush mounted in the rear. The spare has been taken out. The whole floor is still raised up a little higher though because there is a Z logo cut out of plexi over the two subs with blue LEDs shining. It looks pretty sick at night... They are only W-O's in there right now, but I had the box built deep enough for W-3s It wasn't cheap, but it looks nice and sounds even better. With the whole install, it was about $1200.... no plexi or LEDs you can take off about 450-500 bucks. I'll try to post some pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Send me a message if you need help building with fiberglass and MDF. I built a flush box in the tire well for a single 12" and it sounds great.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts