Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Great idea Josh!

This will make it easier for me to decide on a sub setup down the road.

Members post up your pics!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why no stock location enclosures? So far i like the corner locations best, but can't see payin the price for one, and i dont quite have the patience/skill to make one myself

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why no stock location enclosures? So far i like the corner locations best, but can't see payin the price for one, and i dont quite have the patience/skill to make one myself
i have them.. just have not uploaded yet.. sorry

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will post up mine after it get's painted. Driving to Crispy Corpse, TX. tonight/tomorrow, and it didn't have a chance to make it thru a booth.

(2 x 12W7's, powered by 2 MTX 81000D's and 2 SVR audio series batteries)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just finished with 2 Infinity 12s Run by a Lanzar plus200, From the non Blose head unit through a PAC line level converter.
I bet this rattles like a mofo. holy crap. You must have some serious dynamat in there!

·
Registered
3 Posts

I agree!!

Is it NOT recommended to go with the speaker panel cover
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=28178-Z33SW
and bracket
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=28163-Z3303

and insert your subwoofer of choice????
will most after market subs even fit? i.e. JL Audio etc?

Thanks!
'06 silverstone coupe w/babysheet leather ;)

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
which postition gives you the most sound without rattling?
I have had 2 10s back firing as well as 1 12 both up firing and back firing. The upward firing produced considerably more rattles than the other 2 setups.

·
Registered
396 Posts
below is my setup though not completed. It needs to be painted and the overlay to the amps needs to be redone, but you will get the jist...

(2) JL audio 12W7, (2) SVR audio series batteries, (2) MTX D Class amps

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
So far the rattles are not bad. I was not happy with the excess amount of voice sound from the rear. I was using an inline converter with the stock speakers connected. I am kidding myself in thinking I am not gonna spend 5k like the last car. Unhappy I tore into the doors. I was expecting to have to do a lot of Jerry rigging but not the case. I took the stock Clarion speakers and gutted them. I cut the basket and cone from the outer ring. My MB Quart 5.25 fit perfectly on the ring. I screwed them on with large nuts to grab the ring. I left plug in place which lined up perfectly with the terminals. I soldered the terminals to the inside of the plug. Now the unit attaches with stock fasteners and plugs right to the harness. I could not fit my big tweeters in the mirror pods easily so I left the stock tweets for another day. The non Blose system has 2 Ohm front speakers so it works fine up front. I removed the rears and those suckers are 32 Ohm, 32 why the **** they are 32 Ohm I have no clue. So the now modified 6 inch MB Quarts will wait for another day. It may be awhile because with the rear speakers disconnected using only the subs and the MB Quarts in the doors it sounds great.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I built my subs into the pockets formed by the Luggage Finisher (hump where the rear speakers sit) and the Rear Strut. I finished up last evening and want to thank Toykilla his Head Unit install. I think I had the center console off three times! Sounds great and I'm pretty much happy with the final result.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts