Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I tried to squeeze in between a car and a set of steps with a precarious sharp corner at work. All I can say is I misjudged the distance and managed to clip the front bumper. Dumb ass me :banghead: probably had something else on the mind or maybe I'm more use to the clearance of a toyota corolla...

Anyways, theres a big scratch and crack in the bumper where it joins the wheel arch. Can this be repaired or will I need a whole new front bumper?
[attachmentid=10052]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Get an aftermarket lip and mold it onto the bumper you have.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Like this one maybe?

[attachmentid=10069]

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice! I've been looking on the net for a front lip. Do you guys know any sites that will ship to Australia? I like the look of this one from intense motorsports:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/rsabsfrlip35.html
But they won't ship international unless you spend more than a $1000.

SmoothZ, that looks like a nice front lip. Where can I get that from?

In the meantime I've had some spare time and I've patched the scratch up a bit using some putty, plenty of sanding and primer/paint:
[attachmentid=10072]
[attachmentid=10073]

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another Pic
[attachmentid=10074]

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you don't want to shell out for the lip kit right away you can go to your local marine store (West Marine) and get some white 'Marine Tex'. That will hold it together for you until change it out or put a lip on it. Really strong stuff and sands easy and paintable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts