Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this setup for a while now. Have an oil leak problem from the exaust but the car ws running fine. Today the weather got a lil colder and the car started turning off every time i stop at a signal light. Also noticed that it idles very rich for 20 secs and then it goes normal but the rpms goes " low-normal, low - normal" constatnly. I also found grey/silver powder kind of stuff on the exaust tip and all over my rear bumper. First i thought it may be because i have low oil so i topedup and tried but no luck:( Any ideas? Could it be my MAF? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Could be your MAF. The car stalling when you pull up at the lights, and running rich, is a classic sign of the MAF being dirty. If you don't have an oil-based air filter that you cleaned recently, its possible you're getting a lot of blow-by to coat the MAF's sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try cleaning the MAF. Could this be dangerous to drive? and is the choky/silver powder stuff in the exaust anything to worry about?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck :( Now its not hitting boost. i hear the waste gauge but no blowoff valve. Very strange...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, so i noticed that the black wire that goes to the MAF is broken. not fully but some copper wires are. But im not sure the problems that cud create. I mean i have never seen silver dust come out of exaust before. Please give me your opinions. Do u think its 100% the MAF?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If the wires are exposed its going to cause interference to the signal sent to the ECU, so regardless of if it is 100% the MAF or not you still need to fix it.

I've never seen silver dust come out the back of an exhaust before. If its small bits of metal then you might have already caused some major damage to the engine or something in the exhaust (that silver has to come from somewhere, and it could be bits of piston, cylinder wall, cat, who knows?) but not fixing the MAF isn't going to help yr cause any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts