Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just curious what they are/how they work, I'd never heard of them before and a Google search didn't turn anything up.

~Pat

·
4,328 Posts
Just curious what they are/how they work, I'd never heard of them before and a Google search didn't turn anything up.

~Pat
Ah... "vacuum stack" is the loose term to describe the collection of pumps used with thermal vacuum chambers utilized in aerospace testing. The pumps are ran in both series and in parallel. To learn more about the individual pumps I use, you'd have to google:

rotary vane pump
scroll pump
cryopump
lobe pump
turbo molecular pump
diffusion pump
ion pump
titanium sublimation pump

-RZ

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well I still have more to go on your list, but it made for a good lunch hour. I always assumed that cryopump was a generic name for pumps for cryogenic fluids, really cool things.

~Pat

·
4,328 Posts
Well I still have more to go on your list, but it made for a good lunch hour. I always assumed that cryopump was a generic name for pumps for cryogenic fluids, really cool things.

~Pat
Yeah, they're definitely cool (no pun intended). My favorite are the diffusion pumps. Such a bizarrely elegant solution. No moving parts, and performs pumping action by way of high-speed heated oil jets. Who'd a thought?

-RZ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
any ways guys thanks aloot for your help.It turns out that there was a puddle of water(from moisture) that was getting into the turbo as i had a custom exhaust before the turbo setup. the shop put a little drain system on the exhaust line and now there is no gunk or oil coming out and the car is running fine. I personally appreciate every ones help and suggestions.

Thank you once again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem!!! Please Explain more detailed

any ways guys thanks aloot for your help.It turns out that there was a puddle of water(from moisture) that was getting into the turbo as i had a custom exhaust before the turbo setup. the shop put a little drain system on the exhaust line and now there is no gunk or oil coming out and the car is running fine. I personally appreciate every ones help and suggestions.

Thank you once again
I have exactly the same problem!!!... Can you please Explain in more detail? maybe pictures? Please!

Thanks!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts