Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have been searching around for an answer to this question and I can't seem to get a good firm answer its always a "well it may help in this situation" or "it will make it worse" or "it will help some"

I am possibly looking to get a straight pipe installed from my resonators in the next few months and am doing research on what I can expect to see from it after I have the straight pipes installed from the performance perspective.

I believe the quote I was given was on 2 1/2 inch Y-pipe from the resonators, with after market resonators added.

I own a 2008 350 with no mods besides a K&N air filter. So does anyone know from experience what I can expect to see with my car having this installed? A slight increase or decrease in performance?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here's a straight answer: you'll see a decrease in both hp and tq if you simply install a straight pipe. The ECM is programmed to certain parameters and cutting down on exhaust restriction will only confuse (or worse yet, throw codes) the system. Having raced a HR in SCCA competition, the only way to gain any performance is to budget for a complete retune by UpRev to change the programming.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Prompt response and five days later, RagingJokester has disappeared. Not the straight answer you're looking for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts