Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really worried. After driving in heavy traffic for about an hour, after i exited the freeway I realized that their is a low squeal coming from the front brakes. Its not loud like the stock ones used to make but its there if you listen to it. I only have about 1000 miles with the Stoptech kit. HELP!!!!!!!! Have you guys heaqrd anything about this? Was it the traffic? I cant go back to the dealer because i think I have lost the warranty right? Plz give me as much info. Would it just go away?

·
Registered
89 Posts
since you are in so cal.. just take it in to performance nissan and they will take care of you..

is the noise occurring all the time even when not pressing the brake pedal? in general all high performance parts tend to be a bit louder than stock or in some way dimisihing comfort.. I just hope the install was done right. I've had zero problems with mine and had then for about a 1yr ( they were installed by a stoptech dealer/importer).. they are awesome in dissipating heat and are more responsive than stock

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean broke them in properly? How do you do that? What do you mean pad squeak? Yeah it sound like the pads touching when breaking. Do you think its becaue they got hot in traffic?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ether.........i had them done theoir at Performance. Its not a constant noise. Not when pressing brake pedal either only during the last 3-4 seconds of the brake when breaking slowly. Never had anything like this...........I thought they may had gotten hot with traffic! Its not loud.

·
Registered
89 Posts
noise is normal.. sometimes i get a slight brake squeel.. and when in stop and go trafic sometimes a clicking noise after coming to a stop due to different metals in the brake assembly heating up and expanding at different rates.. all normal that should not be of concern.. take the Z up to willow springs and see just how much of an advantage the stoptechs give you versus other stock Zs..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That slight break squeal .........does it go away? Im just afraid it will get louder and louder! Sorry im just very concerned because I had bad experience with stock. Do u get it when in on and off traffic?
By the way where r u r u in Japan?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It is normal. When I had my 4 wheel stoptechs put on, they were quiet for the first few hundred miles and then they started to squeal. It was the brake dust buildup with the pads seeding into the rotors and this created alot of buildup. But then after that, I washed off the brake dust and the new pads stopped squealing.

Don't worry about it, it is totally normal and will go away after a while.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you wash off the braqke dust? Just hose them down while washing the car? Or you mean take the brakes apart? So by tomorrow or so it should be gone you think? So I dont have to change pads or anything?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
No, just use some soap and water when you wash your car. You don't have to take apart the brakes. Removing the initial brake dust buildup when you have new brake pads will help eliminate the squeal until they are well seeded and then it should stop making noise from there on out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I should just hose them from outside while the rims are on with soap and water? Thats it? Thanks I will try! Hopefully that will help. Im driving so carefully that im hardly even hitting the brakes. I hate it. I spent so much on the stoptechs so I didnt have noises like the stock but now this!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did you follow all of the directions when you installed your stoptechs. You had to scrub the rotors before installing them to remove the rust coating, that was important to follow. Also, did you follow the seeding procedures when you were first driving your car? I really made sure that I seeded in the brake pads heavily even doing the 80 to 5 mph stops to ensure than when I would get on it in teh future they would lock up tight.

Some food for thought.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have the AP kit up front and they squeek like a mutha~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts