Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we finally had a chance to install my BBK and my suspension. The HKS hipermax II setup was used from Jason. THe BBK is the 4piston 14 inch front and 13 inch 2 piston rear Stoptech setup.

First impression on the brakes, they're killer :) You really do not need more than what this kit has to offer. Stiffer pedal feel, super quick response, this is by far some of the best money I have spent on my car. I would highly recomend this kit, it's perfectly balanced and it really puts the stock non-brembo setup to shame lol. On top of that it looks great :) ...............now for some bigger rims......

Now for the HKS. I think Jason had them for roughly 25 or 30k miles, so they have some decent milage on them. On top of that, he had them hammered, adjusted very low. I was expecting that I might have to rebuild or re-valve at least one of the corners, but no, everything was perfect to my surprise. Jason was not kind to his car either, he tracked it, and pushed it to the limits so he really used them for what they were designed for. But I digress. The suspension has held up very well. If you want a suspension kit that will last, HKS is the one for you.
Anyway, driving it home, it was pretty stiff for my tastes, for normal highway driving (out here in cali, the freeways suck, and you feel everything), but i didn't adjust the setting from what jason had, so there is still tons of play to make it softer.
With the kit on, you feel like the car is more solid, and much more responsive with twitches to the steering wheel. I had stock shocks with tein s-tech springs on before, and it's a completely different driving feel. I'll literally never put just springs on a car again. The tein's are a good spring, but if you have the money, don't settle for less, you've got to go with a good coilover, your car will love you for it :)

When I was driving home i took the car through the twisties in the hills, and the car reacts great. For my driving I need to play with the adjstments a tad, but the car is so much more predictable, and solid. The car feels much more planted to the gournd with this setup. And you can really feel the shocks working their magic over the smooth bumps and grades, its truly a good coilover. Even with so many miles on the suspension, the shocks feel new and tight. But if you are not one for true racing car like feel, then perhaps a different coilover is for you.
This would be magic on the track. One day I'll take it out and flog it on the track.

Now I've never had the chance to drive a car with other coilovers like JIC or Tein, so I can't comment on how these compare. I do know from my old car that JIC suspension is awesome for track setups (this coming from a Mitsu. EVO background).

As far as the ride height goes, The adjustability is excellent, you can get it very close to stock, about .5 inches down, and then you can be like jason and literally hammer the car if you want to.

All in all, two great mods, that I highly recomend......

Thanks Jason for the homie hook up......!!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. I am still debating which coilovers to go with, and these are on my list.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sounds great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts