Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone useing this kit? Been eyeing it for a while and might buy it when the cash falls in my lap. Please give reviews.
http://performancenissanparts.com/catalog/...roducts_id=3424
This kit includes:
Front and Rear Hawk HPS brake pads,
Front and Rear StopTech SS brake lines,
Three 500mL bottles of Motul RBF600 DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid,
Front and Rear STOP TECH Slotted or Drilled Rotors.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
a lot of ppl have upgraded to stage II brake set ups. If you are going to be tracking the car at all tho, I'd think about waiting a little longer and going with a big brake kit. I was going to go to a stage II kit but since I've been driving on the track I figure I'd hold out for a while. If you do that, you could still upgrade to all hawk pads and the motul w/o buying the whole shebang! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link... Can you give a brief write-up of the pluses & minuses.

·
Registered
598 Posts
plusses are they break considerably better. they dont squeek or squeel and the hawk pads are very low dust. they look cool.

cons: ive heard and seen drilled rotors with pressure cracks, but since i dont track my car i dont see as if it may become a problem. the brake lines that come with the kits are routed a bit weird for me but i checked with stoptech and they said thats the way it supposed to be.(third pic on link)
mdzowner

·
Registered
158 Posts
a lot of ppl have upgraded to stage II brake set ups. If you are going to be tracking the car at all tho, I'd think about waiting a little longer and going with a big brake kit. I was going to go to a stage II kit but since I've been driving on the track I figure I'd hold out for a while. If you do that, you could still upgrade to all hawk pads and the motul w/o buying the whole shebang! :cheers:
+1. The bigger the brakes and more pistons you have in each caliper, the better. Just don't forget to upgrade the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand bigger/more pistons = better. I use to own an Evo w/ those large ass Brembos. I don't AutoX but might go to the drag strip once in a blue moon. Looking for something w/ better stopping power for my "sprited" fun run through the mountains.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
I installed the Stage II kit back in May - quality kit.
Cons: Still uses stock calipers
Pros: Hawk pads definately dust less than stock pads, seems to brake a bit better than stock, good pedal feel (from the SS Lines)

Installation is straight forward & can be done in an afternoon with no problem. Rec getting the slotted rotors as someone has already stated the drilled are known to develop hairline cracks from heaving braking.
Two runs to ZDayZ & lots of twistes under my belt with the Stage II - you won't regret making this mod.

(Currently in the process of upgrading to the Stop-Tech BBK) :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts