Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i can say about this is WOW
I picked this stuff up at pepboys and i have to say this is the hands-down window cleaner. This stuff cleaned off crud that normal window cleaners won't even touch. I am very impressed with the results

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I will have to say ditto to this. I bought it a few weeks ago and I cant believe I have been using windex. The stuff is incredible. Leaves no streaks at all and cleans the windows so well

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah this is the best glass cleaner I've used.

The best way to use it is to spray it on a MF towel, then go over it again with another MF towel. I also wipe off the outside diagonally then the inside horizontally so if you missed something it's easier to spot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been using that stuff for almost a year and a half after seeing it on horsepower TV on SpikeTV. Best window cleaner ever! Becareful though using it is cold temps makes it not clean up as quick and you can end up just pushing the grime around on the windows. It is amazing though, gets rid of those wiper marks no matter how long they may have been "ingrained" on the windshield.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok, I gotta try it. I've been using Plexus - no good. Window - no luck. Newspaper - scratches, oops :( Hmm, guess I'll try this next

·
Registered
38 Posts
ditto with the good reviews. helps get all the freakin bugs off after some back country road driving (and there are lots of bugs in central florida this time of year!)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Funny how everyone has a different way of doing things, like cleaning windows. I use Windex or Rain-X w/newspaper or paper towels, then go over the windows with a MF towel.

Guess I'll try this stuff now and see how it turns out. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
This stuff works wonders. Best glass cleaner I've used (so what if I'm comparing it to windex... it's better!).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Boy am I glad I took a moment to check the forum on cleaning the Z's windows. I thought I was losing my mind. I have never had so much trouble cleaning vehicle windows and not having streaks remain. Last weekend I spent over 2 hours using P21S car wash, Windex, plain water...nothing was working.

I'm going to get some of this Stoners stuff and reluctantly visit a Malwart for the towels that Jinxxycat recommends.

Incidently, I have never had a car before that stops people in their tracks to pay a compliment. I love the Z!

Almost forgot...has anyone ever tried using #000 steel wool to clean their windows? I've used it on past vehicles and it makes the glass look like it's not there. You can't use it on the inside rear because of the defroster and also need to be careful around the edges. I would try it on the Z but afraid of having an accident...the interior of the Z is so **** fragile.

scrapser

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
This stuff works great... that Stoners Tar Remover works good too, I use it on the mudguards...

They're is some kind of acid for windows that my local Tint Shop uses to get rid of water spots.... which I have on mine... I need to get some and try it out...

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
+1 on Stoner. Use it ... love it .. recommended it to my bro-in-law. Tell ya .. you can't beat this kinda advertizing.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeh the Stoner is great

i still have the original spray can i bought about 3 years ago, it lasts for ages. I spray the windshield, then use the excess on the cloth to do all the other windows on both sides

i think Stoner do the window cleaner in a liquid spray type bottle now

if u really want clean windows, clay them every now and then. You'll be suprised, dots u thought were chips will wipe away

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
This thread is starting to make me think I'm doing something wrong. Stoner's works just OK for me, no better or worse than any other glass cleaner. I just stick with any of the non-ammonia based cleaners and get the same results.

:dunno:
Ronin Z

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
This stuff works great... that Stoners Tar Remover works good too, I use it on the mudguards...

They're is some kind of acid for windows that my local Tint Shop uses to get rid of water spots.... which I have on mine... I need to get some and try it out...
"The Tarminator" works great!

Ronin, I think it's personal preference.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts