Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I'm happy with the stock 17" 7-spoke wheels on our 2k4 Touring 5AT, and with the wear pattern on the stock rubber: got about 18500 miles and wearing just very slightly more on the inside 1/3, but have ~9/32" tread left all around. I'm guessing they'll go 30-35k before I have to replace them.

I haven't found a large variety of direct replacements, but the Michelin sports look good if a bit pricey, and I like the specs on the Kumho's ( and LOVE the NAME too ;>) ) especially at the price.

My local NTB has got a few W & Z rated in a 45 aspect and according to the Miata tire calculator a coupla posts back, the 245/45/17 and 255/45/17 look to be workable: Radii and sidewalls are only 1/10 ' less, and treads obviously +20mm or 8/10 ".

SOOOO...

If there's anybody else here who replaced the tires but kept the stock rims, I'd really appreciate hearing what you've used, how it's worked and what you'd recommend.

Thanx in advance. This site is very illuminating

best regardz

ed

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought the Michelin Pilot Sport tires and like you said, they are a bit pricey. The tread design looks great. I got 21,000 out of the original Bridgestones and probably could have gone a few more thousand, but I dont like to change flats or get caught with slick tires in the rain. Dealer said that depending on how I drive, the Michelin could get anywhere from 15,000 to 50,000 miles. He figured the way I drive, it would probably be around 30,000. Hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Same question for me too. I've got 21K on the rear Crapstone Shitenzas. Fronts were swapped out 8K ago for feathering. I've got the stock 18's on a touring, and I was wondering if I can get some Toyo Proxies.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I have Nitto NT555's on mine. They're much cheaper than the Proxes that I wanted, but if you can't afford an expensive tire, this is the one to go with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings and THANX...

for all the great replies. I'm still curious if anyone has tried the 245/45/17 front and 255/45/17 rear combination since the dimensions are so close and it would open up some more options, like I've got my eye on a Fulda number at NTW with a 420 AA A spec and this really boss looking intermediate tread pattern.

It bugs the $#l+ outa me that I can't find a direct fitment from Dunlop!

There's bound to be some more experience or opinion in here so thanx in advance for any advice!

best regardz

ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx again StudyBuddy; 'preciate the good 411

best regardz

ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'Scuse me for bumping up my own post, but El Z now has ~33000.
I'm prob'ly gonna get the Kumho Ecsta ASX in the stock sizes based on the reviews, specs(420/AA/A), and Tire Rack tests.
OR...maybe the Falken Ziex ZE512's for like $72 front/$80 rear.

Thanx in advance for any feedback from any who's replaced with stock sizes generally or used these brands specifically.
Best
ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts