Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed an AAM Plenum Spacer. In order to allow for clearance without using more than the recommended 2 spacers (could have used more) I adjusted the tension on the strut bar. It now clears the plenum fine, but have i know screwed up the suspension!?!?! i have driven that car quite a bit since these adjustments and it seems fine, but i dont want to mess things up.

by the way, the adjustment on the bar was toward me from the front of the car

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car isn't loose at all. i just adjusted the bar to clear the spacer. i was just wondering if this would cause any future structural problems since I just "eyed" the adjustment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
as long as the phyiscal bar is tight, and everything holding the bar down is tight, you should be fine. (You _shouldnt_ be able to take your hand and rock the bar back and forth or up and down) as to whether it is centered doesn't really matter that much

take a picture if you can

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Interesting discussion. Thinking ... IF ... nice word that. If I install a plenum and have to move, replace, adjust the strut bar .. hmmm. Thinking that it would be good .. to take a measurement of two points on the car in the area of the strut. Seems to me .. that if you adjust the bar so it is tight .. like jaralaccs said .. AND .. if possible .. match the measurements you made prior .. you would be set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I install a plenum and have to move, replace, adjust the strut bar .. hmmm. Thinking that it would be good .. to take a measurement of two points on the car in the area of the strut.
You should have to remove it to install a plenum, maybe just one side. But you can just mark the threads on the bar with a magic marker, or even white-out I guess, to know exactly where it was before.

Like in this picture here:

(if you enlarge it) Notice the nut before the actual bar. Mark the red threads (or whatever color your's is) on both sides.
But really as long as the bar isn't totally on one side you're OK

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
i recently installed an AAM Plenum Spacer. In order to allow for clearance without using more than the recommended 2 spacers (could have used more) I adjusted the tension on the strut bar. It now clears the plenum fine, but have i know screwed up the suspension!?!?! i have driven that car quite a bit since these adjustments and it seems fine, but i dont want to mess things up.

by the way, the adjustment on the bar was toward me from the front of the car

It's fine. Drive on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts