Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an 07 roadster GT. I had Carmax ship it from TX to CA. They had listed it as "touring" which I assumed meant it included a Bose unit and heated seats (I had an 06 before which was touring and had these options). When it arrived, I noticed Brembo brakes, and what looks like larger tires than the touring ones (in the back) - so i'm pretty sure that means it's a GT vs. Touring. But, unfortunately, it has a regular cd-changer head unit and no heated seats. I can do without the heated seats, being in southern CA. However, the stock stereo sounds like total crap compared to my 06 Bose system. I don't need super high end but I really want to upgrade to something similar. Any recommendations?
Also, I want to be able to play my iphone or ipod - previously, with my 06, I had an adapter professionally installed - but i think that only works with the Bose head units that are satellite ready. What is the best way to go if I want to get bose like sound and an auxiiliary input for my ipod/iphone?
Should i purchase a Bose head unit made for my year/model and the adapter again or go with something else that's simpler? Any advice is much appreciated. Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
are you referring to GT meaning grand touring? because those had heated leather seats - if you have non-heated cloth seats but you have the brembo brakes then you have a 'track' model - assuming the original buyer did not put brembos on a base/enthusiast model.

what wheels came with the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I meant grand touring when I wrote GT. I'm still confused - I have leather seats but they're not heated. And yeah, they're brembo brakes but I will have to check the size of the rear tires - don't know exactly. I thought the Track version was only a hardtop one? mine is a convertible/roadster.

I went ahead an ordered an aftermarket head unit that has blue tooth audio streaming and an auxiliary input so that should be good for my iphone and ipod. It's a decent unit. I'll put that in and then check the sound again - if it's still poor, I"ll upgrade the speakers. any recs/info/comments?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
yeah, track is a coupe only - absolutely sure they are not heated? put some pictures up on the seats - I thought all the leather seats in the Z line were heated - but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It could be an Enthusiast model that the original owner added the Brembo brakes and lager wheels and tires. Post a few pictures of your Roadster, please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still haven't taken pics
but i'm pretty sure you're right kornercarver..I think it's an Enthusiast model but the owner ordered/opted for leather seats and brembos. no heated seats. re: the stereo, the head unit i replaced did not say 'bose' on it..
but the subwoofer behind the drivers seat does read 'bose'.
do the enthusiast models have bose subwoofers behind the seat?
i suppose he could have upgraded to that too though..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts