Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a Z in a week or two, and was wondering how the stock sound system is? Speakers, bass, etc. Should I plan on upgrading it? Eventually I plan to buy an in dash dvd player, but if the stock sound system isn't good I might have to buy one now.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
It's not great, but it's not horrible. Just depends on what you are used to.

My buddy comments that it's better than the system in his s2000. Which he says sucks. But to me, it's nothing short of mediocre.

Why don't you just wait until you hear it so you can determine. Or better yet, if you must buy now before owning the car.. go to the dealership or find some friends in your area that you can play around with the sound.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Some folks are o-k with the OE audio in the Z...mediocre is about as high a mark as I can give it. There was a poll a few months ago..."What's your favorite mod"...audio upgrades were about even with wheel set upgrades, and both were at the top of the list.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by KShep@Sep 17 2005, 02:15 PM
Some folks are o-k with the OE audio in the Z...mediocre is about as high a mark as I can give it.  There was a poll a few months ago..."What's your favorite mod"...audio upgrades were about even with wheel set upgrades, and both were at the top of the list.
[snapback]155859[/snapback]​

I just re-read my post.. What I meant to say is meidocre at best. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Simply put, it's the worst sounding system I've ever heard. I'm almost 40 yrs old and I've driven lots of cars in my years, this one has got to be the worst. My 05Z came with the regular stereo, not the Bose. I've changed the HU and front speakers at this point, and will put in an amp, sub and back speakers over the next few weeks.

THe sound was so bad that when I turned up the volume to hear a song, it sounded so bad I ended up turning the stereo all the way off.....

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by josemorabito@Sep 17 2005, 03:37 PM
, and will put in an amp, sub and back speakers over the next few weeks.

[snapback]155871[/snapback]​

Unless you own a roadster, or are going for surround/5 channel in a coupe, you're better off to disable the rear speakers. Much easier to create a good soundstage without the rears....and they are a PITA install.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 03 Bose system was pathetic. The 05 35th Bose system is better. There are 2 systems factory installed. One has 160 watts, and the other has 240 watts. I have the 240 watt now and it's acceptable.

But I'm shopping for some new toys to give Lola for Christmas
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/zlichus/Any%20and%20all/Smiley/EX.gif');}" />

1 - 10 of 10 Posts