Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace the stock "mini" rear spoiler wing that came on my 2004 350Z coupe with a big ol "ricer" aluminum one! (just kidding). Seriously though I'd like to take the stock spoiler off and put on better looking (mid sized spoiler - like the Veilside version 2), but before I go and pull off the old one I'd like to know if there will be holes in my hatch (or is it just held on with adhesive?).

I'm wondering if anyone here has taken off the factory installed rear spoiler before?

Z/Nissan front and rear emblems....
I went to take-off the factory front bumper and rear hatch "nissan" emblems this past weekend (using dental floss to get thru the glue), but once I had the rear removed I found little "guide" holes underneath... so I put it back in place and rushed inside, jumped online and ordered the "Z" symbol only badges (like the side fender ones) from Courtesy Nissan in TX... (some girl here mention she got them there but I forgot her screenname... by the way, THANKS! whoever you are! :)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:welcome: Where are you from?

The spoiler will leave holes just like the rear Nissan emblem. The 350z emblem is just a stick on though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up about the holes under my stock factory "mini" spoiler/wing. I think I'll wait to replace it once I see a V2 in person (to see where it mounts, making sure it will cover the surface area of my wing.

I'm up here in the NW (Seattle, WA). If anyone has a V2 mounted on their Z. I'd like to see your car...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been thinking of removing the rear emblem aswell, just some small thread and a heating gun, or do i have to remove the whole interior in the boot?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by eternity@Dec 22 2004, 09:36 AM
I've been thinking of removing the rear emblem aswell, just some small thread and a heating gun, or do i have to remove the whole interior in the boot?

Depends, do you have a coupe or roadster?

The roadster is not supposed to have holes behind the emblem, but the coupe does. I'm not sure how to remove the one with holes though. I'm guessing dental floss would work, but you will have to wait for someone else to answer that question.

Also, I'm guessing you're talking about the Nissan emblem and not the 350z emblem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toykilla,
Thanks, the closer I look at the photos of the V2 the more it looks like it does cover most of the hatch. I dont suppose you could take a photo looking down so I could see how close to the glass and rear wiper mount it is?

Eternity,
I have an 2004 coupe too. I took a piece of dental floss and kinda "sawed" back and forth under the stock rear Nissan emblem to get thru the glue. The two guide posts that are attached to the stock nissan emblem are about an inch apart right behind the upper part of the first "S" and the "A" in NI(S)S(A)N. I first tried using fishing line but it kept breaking - the dental floss with break too, but not as much). Wehn I get the emblems from http://www.courtesyparts.com/ I'm planing on taking the front and rear emblems off and getting the glue off with "googone" or "goof-off" (adhesive remover). Hope this helps...

When I take them off next week, I'll take some digital photos of the process of removing them (I just need to figure out how to post the photos on this site).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
use a hair dryer for a few minutes before you use the dental floss. it will loosen up the double stick tape that holds the nissan badge in place.

befoe you put the new one on, make sure you clean the old residue up before appying your new z badges.

takes less than 5 minutes to lift the badge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts