Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 350z and it has nav on it. I am planning on putting a new pioneer premier 860 head in and an Alumapro 8inch sub. The people here in chicago say it may be possible to keep the stock nav with the new HU. Is there a harness out there to adapt this or any helpful info on this topic. Please I really like the nav and don't want to buy a Pioneer nav system.
Any info will be helpful need to know by monday thnx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone Please help I am new to the 350 and don't know very much I am going out to the radio place this morning the guy say he will have to tap in an ampliphied speaker to the audio feed from the nav but i would like it to sound the way it does stock anyone ever done this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything went smooth with the install and my system sound awesome. My nav still works
thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Glad to hear it worked. Sorry I couldn't've been more of a help

But now in the future when people ask, you'll have the answer

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
jlk350Z... does your stereo still mute when the NAV voice speaks? If so, can you give me details on what you had to do to keep that functionality?

I'm in the same boat you were in a month ago. Looking at a nice Kenwood setup, but do not want to lose the functionality (or even the voice directions) of my factory NAV. I know it can be done, but have not been able to find the details on how.

Thanx!

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have the Kenwood indash installed and I have to install one extra amp and 1 speaker for the nav voice only. After that the voice on stock nav works as before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts