Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the stock Fuel and Ignition maps are for the 350Z. I've heard that the Z has very aggressive timing advance with engine speed. I know the Fuel map is also pretty aggressive (for fuel economy), I've been monitoring my A/F ratio with a wideband O2 and at WOT it seldom drops below 13:1, is usually in the 14.5:1 range, and sometimes goes as high as 17:1. I have also been monitorig detontation with a knock sensor (MSD Knock Alert) and knock activity is quite large at full throttle. I'm probably going to get an eManage to retart timing a little and add more fuel at higher RPMs and I am curious as to what the stock maps look like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock Fuel and Ignition maps are for the 350Z. I've heard that the Z has very aggressive timing advance with engine speed. I know the Fuel map is also pretty aggressive (for fuel economy), I've been monitoring my A/F ratio with a wideband O2 and at WOT it seldom drops below 13:1, is usually in the 14.5:1 range, and sometimes goes as high as 17:1. I have also been monitorig detontation with a knock sensor (MSD Knock Alert) and knock activity is quite large at full throttle. I'm probably going to get an eManage to retart timing a little and add more fuel at higher RPMs and I am curious as to what the stock maps look like.

The absolute timing value will vary between different runs. Generally speaking, the stock ECU runs between 23-28 degrees of timing as redline approaches. If you install the EU, you can monitor the actual timing advance in real time, and make adjustments as needed. The sampling rate is very fast...much faster than the typical diagnostic scanning tool device that connect to an OBDII port. When you make changes to the timing in the EU, you will see the new revised timing reflected in the data log...which takes some of the guess work out of timing adjustment.

The UTEC will also allow similar functionality, with the added benifit of being able to "Set" the timing value, rather than making offset changes...ie..-2, -5...etc.

Where are you seeing the knock activity in the power band? Is the sensitivity adjustable on that unit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts