Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother brought over his STi and a GT-1 (timer)

I ran a zero 0-60 run of 5.4 on the first try. The 0-60 run tempted me to find a long road in the middle of no-where for a 1/4 mile run.

And... :OMG: [email protected]?? this sounded fast to me so I looked at the other info stored for that 1/4 mile run and found my 0-60=5.37.

I took my brother's STi out to the same spot and made 2 runs with mere-mortal launches both times. (4krpm quick-slip-clutch as apposed to the 6500rpm AWD-clutch-dump.)

I got 13.57 and 13.47 respectively. (at 100.??mph both times)

My Z is an 05 base, stock w/8700 miles on the odo and my brother's STi has 40k miles.

Do these times sound correct? Is that g-timer accurate?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes, those times sound about right. Of course, the G-tech will not be dead-on accurate, but the accuracy level should be good enough for a just for fun comparison.

good times, btw.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've seen dead stock Z enthusiast models run 13.8s with good driver...

I've seen a (near) stock Z... only K&N intake... go 13.67 consistently...

I think the times seem reasonable.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
So if I had to beat or stay next to an STi, its a possibility right? Cause my ex's new fling has one, and I'll probably have to smoke his ass in if we ever end up at the same stoplight.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 10 2005, 12:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Aug 9 2005, 08:58 PM
my ex's new fling ....
[snapback]143864[/snapback]​

She has one already? didn't you and her just break up? smoke his ass :punch:
[snapback]143940[/snapback]​

A little OT, but..

The sad part is, I think she was messin around behind my back before we actually broke up. Oh well. To be honest, I'm 100% happier now than when I was with her.. now that I look back, she was pretty abusive (mentally). I've been dating my ass off, and I've had the opportunity to meet some very nice women so she actually did me a favor my dumpin my ass lol

But yeah, I still don't like the jerkoff that she's prolly seein now, cause he was an old ex. All her baggage that I had to put up with came from HIM. So, as far as closure goes with the whole situation, smoking him at a light would really put a nice cap on this whole ordeal lol. I'll probably outdrive his ass, so maybe he'll misshift and I'll get lucky. Who knows. Plus, I'll have the weight advantage, as my ex started lettin herself go when she felt secure with me as a pushover.. i mean "boyfriend" lol

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I don't know much about the STI times, but the Z times seem very reasonable and could be accurate.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I had to beat or stay next to an STi, its a possibility right? Cause my ex's new fling has one, and I'll probably have to smoke his ass in if we ever end up at the same stoplight.
[snapback]143864[/snapback]​
[/q]

From a dead stop, he will jump out in front of you (if he knows how to use his AWD) and he has the ponies to stay in front. My brother and I went from a 35mph (or so) roll and he pulled almost a length before I closed a little more than half the gap at around 80-ish. we ran out of open road with him still in front though.

If you surprise him from a roll and catch him off-boost you should be able to get more space than he can close before the next light. (I waited for my brother to get his rev's up before I started racing him.)

But the short answer is, all other things being equal, no. (unless you go to the top of the speedo, where you will be able to beat an STi)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I race a sti from 60mph to 130mph, 35 f outside, he was in front of me (60 to 75) and i smoke him after, my only mod injen intake

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

:doh: Oh, PUH-leez don't get caught up in that. Believe me, I've had enough x's to know! :cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
My brother brought over his STi and a GT-1 (timer)

I ran a zero 0-60 run of 5.4 on the first try. The 0-60 run tempted me to find a long road in the middle of no-where for a 1/4 mile run.

And... :OMG: [email protected]?? this sounded fast to me so I looked at the other info stored for that 1/4 mile run and found my 0-60=5.37.

I took my brother's STi out to the same spot and made 2 runs with mere-mortal launches both times. (4krpm quick-slip-clutch as apposed to the 6500rpm AWD-clutch-dump.)

I got 13.57 and 13.47 respectively. (at 100.??mph both times)

My Z is an 05 base, stock w/8700 miles on the odo and my brother's STi has 40k miles.

Do these times sound correct? Is that g-timer accurate?

I was thinking of getting a g-tech, what weight did you put down for your Z?

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I havent used that thing in forever but I think I was sloppy. If I remember correctly, I plugged in numbers until the 1/8 mile times matched (ok, resembled) my times from the track. The problem is, I doubt the Z was running the same (exact) times as at the track, -too many variables. I am confident that the G-timer is good for comparing HP mods and driving techniques though. :shiftdrive:

EDIT: Those were plug and play times in my original post, :eek: but after my visit to the track, I did improve my launch technique using the (sloppy) calibration method listed above. :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts