Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from S.C. today. I was at a stoplight by myself when I see a new black Accord v6 6spd coming up beside me. Now, I know most of you are thinking that wouldn't even be a race, but let me finish. I have driven one of these cars and with the 6spd it has decent power (240 hp same as S2000 but more torque). At the red light, I never even looked over at the guy because his front bumper was at my back bumper. When the light turned green he came by me pretty quick. I hit the gas just enough to keep up with him to see what he was going to do. When he saw I was right there with him he nailed it (I knew it was on). Like I said I had no intention of racing, but I couldn't let him leave me. That would be a let down to Z owners all over the world. Anyway, back to the story! I nailed the gas and by the middle of second gear I was beside him. I looked over and saw that his girlfriend or wife was in the passenger seat. This inspired me even more because he was, of course, trying to show off in front of her. When I hit 3rd gear I stuck my arm out the window and waved goodbye to the Accord as I listened to his engine whine in a desperate attempt to keep up. I stayed in the gas to 100mph as I watched him become a speck on the horizon. I bet that will be the last time he trys a Z, especially with a girl in the car! :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: :burnout: Muahahahahaha! Hey, it's a 6 cylinder race! Why not?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
350Z --> :nutkick: <--Accord

Well done!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
trust me! i raced one of those before and i can tell you they are really fast too. the car might have a slower pick up than the Z. but race head to head on a highway with speeds of 100MPH and over the accord can keep up with you untill the computer applies the cut off on the engine.

·
Registered
755 Posts
[/quote]

The Accord will not keep up at any speeds! I've raced the new Acura TL with 270HP 6MT and he couldn't keep up, and I mean couldn't as in being back a football field after 20-30 sec from 80 mph highway run to my limited 150.

You have to know that acceleration and speed are two different things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts