Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stillen's Power Cowl is one option used for hood clearance for the Stillen 350Z supercharger. Stillen supplies a template for cutting an opening in the stock hood. I would like to get a copy of this template along with how much clearance is actually requred. I'm no way planning to cut my hood, but am curious as to what is required to clear the SC. I don't much care for Stillen's cowl clip and want to see what I can come up with .. hence .. the template and clearance request.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Does it come with one for sure? My Veilside didnt come with a template like it should have. I had to make my own.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the Stillen site:

A template for cutting an opening in the stock hood is provided as are installation hardware and instructions.

Looks like I may have to get what I need from photographs. I should be able to get the length and width of the SC .. and the position on the engine using the relationship of the SC to the other visible engine parts. The SC height then should be able to be determined from those length and width SC measurents.

Need to study up on that kind of thing. A quick 'Google' found this "From Three Dimensions to Two" ..

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
look around for the veilside car that has it poking through the hood.. it should give you an idea of the clearance you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts