Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Stillen SS true dual exhaust. It has a lifetime warranty and is fairly cheap for what you get in my opinion. However, I cannot seem to find any reviews on this product. Injen and Invidia are all over the place. So, should I stick with my original intention or change to a different exhaust? Thoughts anybody?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Stillen is a very reputable name in the Z community. Only thing I can remember off hand that is a down about the stillen exhaust, I believe it's heavier than stock. Other than that I can't think of a thing that would be bad about it. :dunno:

If you are having second thoughts, can I ask why you purchased it before researching it fully? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Stillen's been around for a while. Good gains in HP, small gains in weight...for a street-driven car. It's a choice I could live with...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Very satisfied with mine...strap on a couple of turbo's and you won't mind the extra weight.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Stillen does not add more horsepower than the others..they state the 21hp is with their headers and test pipes in the small print.

It is true that Stillen weighs more.

Borla has a 1,000,000 mile warranty...which will outlast any 350Z's lifespan. It weighs less than stock, adds around the same horsepower, is cheaper, looks similar to stock, true dual, sounds deeper (if not the deepest exhaust for the 350Z), and costs less. Up to you to switch or not.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've heard the Stillen exhaust, and it sounds pretty sweet. Added with other exhaust mods, it performs well. Like others have said, the name is reputable and gives you peace of mind as far as a guarantee is concerned.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Stang281@Sep 14 2005, 07:14 PM
Stillen does not add more horsepower than the others..they state the 21hp is with their headers and test pipes in the small print.

It is true that Stillen weighs more.

Borla has a 1,000,000 mile warranty...which will outlast any 350Z's lifespan. It weighs less than stock, adds around the same horsepower, is cheaper, looks similar to stock, true dual, sounds deeper (if not the deepest exhaust for the 350Z), and costs less. Up to you to switch or not.
[snapback]155063[/snapback]​

one miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn miles *pinky finger to mouth* I :wub: my borla!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Sep 14 2005, 10:16 PM
what about Greddy Evo2
does  anyone have any solid numbers for it
[snapback]155169[/snapback]​

They are all around the same horsepower...which is around 8rwhp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the great input. I really appreciate. I don't get to post much, currently in Afghanistan, and you guys treat me the same as anybody else. Thank you. Jinxxy, I researched the exhaust and came up with wanting something that was of high quality and different. It seems like all the guys in DC are running Injen and Invidia for the most part, and I wanted something different. Anyways, I will stick with my gut and buy the Stillen. Only problem is that it's on back order and I want my car finished before I get home. Thanks for all of your comments, I will quit rambling on now.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
One additional note about the Stillen...absent test pipes it is quieter than the OE exhaust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts