Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Stillen Engine Dampener worth the money. It's only $130, but is it a good quality mod? It reduces engine movement, lessens shock load, and reduce transmission vibes (so the product description says). Any input here guys??

·
Registered
376 Posts
I can say it was some what of a pain to install. If you have semi-big hands, then it is hard to get into the area where the shock goes. Plus, two of the holes on the frame bracket didn't line up overly well. I have not been able to give it a try on the road though since we had 4 feet of snow fall.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Chazzg@Jan 17 2005, 08:56 PM
I have been thinking about getting this, just have not done it yet. maybe I will soon and let everybody know what i think

**** yeah...let us know. :clap: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just like lovetoclown stated, it is a bit of a pain to install but is well worth it IMO. The two bolts that came with my kit did not work, so I had to shave down the stock bolts to make it work.

The engine torques over less. Others have stated that they felt a difference when shifting etc, but I didn't since I have so many **** mods it is hard to tell anymore. I have seen many other engine dampers installed on teh Z and stillen is still the best location IMO.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jan 21 2005, 02:33 PM
Got Pic?

I can probably work up some pics today, but here are some teaser shots. I took these a while back and was not focusing on the engine damper. It is the red thing near the radiator hose

·
Registered
276 Posts
Im still not understanding what exactly it does. SORRY! What do you mean "torques over"? What is that? With my mods what would I get do you guys think?

·
Registered
585 Posts
[/quote]

What I mean is... Have you ever seen an old muscle car rev and see the car jerk to one side as it does this? Well that is the engine torqueing over. :bow:

·
Registered
35 Posts
[/quote]

What I mean is... Have you ever seen an old muscle car rev and see the car jerk to one side as it does this? Well that is the engine torqueing over. :bow:
<div align="right">[snapback]62600[/snapback]
[/quote]

I get that in my Jetta but they don't make such pimpy toys for a 1.8t. I had to settle for a poly mount insert that makes my car shake enough that I had to bump up the idle by a few RPMs.

looks great! nice pics.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I installed this thing too...shifting might be a little bit smoother under hard acceleration but it could be my imagination too .. it looks cool though and I'm glad I got it..

--mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
From my experiences (non-Z) the difference could be felt in shifting, and all together things were a little less jerky. If you open the hood and rev it, you'll notice with the engine dampener, the engine isn't going to move. This is one sign that it's working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts