Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
Just wondering if anyone is using the Brake Brace with their Plenum (PIPS) spacer and stock body cross brace. The one nut used to secure the cross brace (other three are bolts) doesn't look like there is enough room on the stud (with cross brace spacer) for the backet to be added to it. So want to know how this was worked around? Only way I can think of is to cut the stud, drill a hole and use a nut and bolt. Trying to fabricate a brake brace myself and would also appreciate it if anyone is able to tell me where I could get either telfon, delrin or nylon (high temp) stock. Don't want metal to metal contact on the master cylinder if I can help it.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aloha,
Okay Clarification. When the PIPS plenum spacer is installed, there are spacers for the body cross brace so it is raised to clear the intake plenum. problem is, the one stub that holds the brace now has no more room to add the thickness of the bracket for the brake stiffener.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
well duh @me. i just looked at the install instructions and again i learned something new. seems that with the spacers for the cross brace in place you might not be able to attach this properly since it woudl be too high. what i would suggest to do is take off the body brace, put the bracket on, then spacers, then brace. that way the brake brace is even the way it is supposed to be, plus you got the spacers and clearance for the plenum

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aloha,
Thanks Steve! Guess I'll see about fabricating a bracket to go under the cross brace plate and thinner spacers for the bracket side. BTW, this bracket will be for my fabricated brace, not for the Stillen version.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts