Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, lets say i put a bolt on SC on 05 Z. how long can i run it for? ive committed this car as a non daily driver but...can i run it for a few hours in stop and traffic ~110F out side? run it an hour and half at ~85mph on the free way? road trip running 8 hours a day?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
yes…how long? how much gas do you have in the car…there shouldnt be any time constraints on it's operational duration.

Your operating engine temperature is anywhere from 220 to 250 degrees - so an ambient temperature of 110 degrees is half of what the inside of the engine experiences - sure 110 is hot to you or I but it's cold to your engine and cooling system.

If you're going with a FI system consider getting a oil cooler - they run about $300 to $400 arguably it's top 3 things you can do to drop your oil temp, engine temp and extend the life of the engine.

I have the procharger setup and I've taken 2 dozen 6+ hours road trips stopping only to fuel up and in those 6 hours usually got the urge and took it past triple digits with no issues from my setup.

·
4,328 Posts
As long as you make the requisite upgrades to your cooling system (including the oil cooler that 3point5 wisely recommended), you should have no issues driving in real-world traffic conditions. Of course, this assumes that your SC setup is competently designed, installed, and tuned.

-Ronin Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts