Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 350z radster with 230,000 miles on it. Since my last manual trans fluid change, I've had problems with wrestling through the gears. It is not happening all the time and I can't relate it to weather changes but when the car warms up it getd easier. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had similar experiences with my '06,42K miles, after my mechanic (Don Ahrens, Datsun/Nissan racer since the early 80s) changed the trans and diff fluids about 10k miles ago. It only happens on what passes for cold days in N. Fla on a few shifts from morning first start up. I assumed heavier fluid was used and it wasn't causing damage.

What are your fluid recommendations for trans and diff, dk? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
I've had similar experiences with my '06,42K miles, after my mechanic (Don Ahrens, Datsun/Nissan racer since the early 80s) changed the trans and diff fluids about 10k miles ago. It only happens on what passes for cold days in N. Fla on a few shifts from morning first start up. I assumed heavier fluid was used and it wasn't causing damage.

What are your fluid recommendations for trans and diff, dk? Thanks!
I use Redline MT85 in the trannys of both my street and race Zs. The diffs are quite different and I use two different types of GL-5 lubricants for the two cars. Still wondering what the OP put into his/her gearbox?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts