Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my friend down here in mexico bought an 2005 wrx sti in texas and brought it down here, he beats me so bad from a start right now, but above 60 mph he pulls on me realy slow, so i am having instlalled my vortech supercharger right now which i am really exited about, so heres my question he says he is gona beat me at any way we race, from a launch, 20 mph roll out, etc he even said he was gona beat me in 1/4 mile time he runs 13 300 when he was stock, now he has a aem cold air intake, and full exhaust, do y guys think he will beat me i have , dc headers, tanabe exhaust, jwt clutch, flywheel, 50 shot of nitrous and intercooler spray and the vortech supercharger do u think he will win? or how could he beat me? :argue:

·
Registered
785 Posts
You should win with the S/C, as long as you can get a good launch.
From a roll you will win for sure, and I am a little surprised that you don't just win now? Perhaps your headers are robbing you of low end grunt & combined with the exhaust I suspect this is the case.

The Sub being 4wd will always out launch the zed but you should get very close to reeling him in stock for stock & it is also driver dependent.

Once you get the S/C kit you should own him, if not get some driving lessons!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah dont worry im a pretty good driver i hope i win though, do u know the times for a supercharged 350z at the track?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Although I like the STI's I beat the snot out of them!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
[/quote]

Unless you are running some sort of FI, it is extremely difficult to beat an STI. Thats just fact. I've raced a few with all positive results but I am also pushing over 400RWHP.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I got into a little race with one on the highway.. we didnt start next to each other or anything tho. He took off on the entrance ramp, i gave him a few seconds, then i took off. I figured i'd either level off with him or pull on him, but no chance. He steadily disappeared from my view.. must have been pretty heavy modded (at least thats what i tell myself to get some sleep lol)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just raced him before i crashed my car, from a start he beats me until 3 gear, and on a rolling start from second i beat him badly i start pulling more and more on him i cant wait till i get it tuned!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
[/quote]
I race my best friends sti all the time from a roll and its always close i usually beat him by a tiny bit. From a stop he crushes me. I have jwt popcharger grounding kit and greddy exhaust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
[/quote]
I race my best friends sti all the time from a roll and its always close i usually beat him by a tiny bit. From a stop he crushes me. I have jwt popcharger grounding kit and greddy exhaust.
<div align="right">[snapback]101711[/snapback]
[/quote]

Unless the STi driver got rid of the 16g for some grander adventures, I would laugh racing an STi w/ a SC'd Z. I ran against my bud who had no cats & exhaust *PRIOR to him installing an mbc and we were dead even. Granted I'm N/A and @ 5500+ feet elevation I was quiet happy with the results of the n/a mods. Was the greatest fun runs I've encountered cause the cars were so dead even in terms of quickness from a roll. From a stop he would get the jump and keep it. I can't imagine being boosted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts