Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Track model and the stock stereo sounds like crap. Are there any drop-in replacements that are decent on sound and price? Would anyone be interested in posting pictures of their aftermarket stereo setup? I have the nissan nav system also, so I'm not really interested in cutting up the dash.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing pics of where others have mounted their radar detectors. I just bought a new Beltronics RX-65 but I have yet to get anyone to install it with the direct wire kit.

Thanks for any info/pics you can post.

Regards,
Mark.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have an 03 Track model and the stock stereo sounds like crap. Are there any drop-in replacements that are decent on sound and price? Would anyone be interested in posting pictures of their aftermarket stereo setup? I have the nissan nav system also, so I'm not really interested in cutting up the dash.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing pics of where others have mounted their radar detectors. I just bought a new Beltronics RX-65 but I have yet to get anyone to install it with the direct wire kit.

Thanks for any info/pics you can post.

Regards,
Mark.

u only said stereo but im assuming ur saying both HU and speakers? there are many options on a HU and there are tons out there that do not require any type of cutting. speakers often will require an adapter to fit in the door properly(clear the window when it is in the down position. kinda hard to give suggestions without more of a price in mind and what exactly ur looking for

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
There are so many options for stereos but unless you get a very knowledgeable shop to install it, you will likely lose the nav voice.

Someone makes a custom radar detector mount for under the rearview and you can direct wire it with the wires run up under the headliner and it looks really clean, but I don't have the link on my home computer

·
Registered
306 Posts
There are so many options for stereos but unless you get a very knowledgeable shop to install it, you will likely lose the nav voice.

Someone makes a custom radar detector mount for under the rearview and you can direct wire it with the wires run up under the headliner and it looks really clean, but I don't have the link on my home computer
Is this the company you were talking about?

http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/ConnectorF...darDetector.htm

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Here's my aftermarket HU. It's a Pioneer AVIC-D2. Since you have factory nav you don't need aftermarket nav like me...but you could always opt for a double-din w/ a DVD player instead. My radar detector is mounted to the rearview mirror. If I don't already have a pic of it I'll try and get one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my aftermarket HU. It's a Pioneer AVIC-D2. Since you have factory nav you don't need aftermarket nav like me...but you could always opt for a double-din w/ a DVD player instead. My radar detector is mounted to the rearview mirror. If I don't already have a pic of it I'll try and get one.

Start by putting really good speakers in the doors. THis makes a BIG difference with the non bose.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry for the crappy pic. I ended up swapping in a cheap Eclipse HU and it's definitely a bit clearer than stock. I mainly did so because I need to hook up an amp. I'm replacing things with an Alpine HU within a few days thought because I caught a sweet deal and want the built-in subwoofer freq controls.

But the Eclipse was acceptable which makes me think just about anything is better than the stock HU. I'm going to be selling it cheap once I get it out if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
i have the Eclipse AVN5435... fits perfectly. Now if I can just get the biatch to talk to me!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
That's a badass HU. Lemme know if you can figure out the voice on it...
Apparently I'm technically challenged in that area... :banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts