Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by clancrash@Sep 24 2004, 03:34 PM
wow, awesome setup, looks very clean. one thing though, be careful with that deck, i get about 3 complaints a month at work about those kenwood "hideaway" flip decks breaking, usually its the motor that just freezes it in midflip, and kenwood hasnt done anything to address the issue. =\

Ive been very lucky with Kenwood decks so far. I had an Excelon 811 i think that was the model, my first one broke on me within the first week or two. It wouldnt respond to the remote. But other than that ive gone through 2-3 more kenwoods and all have been trouble free.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i too used to work in car audio and kenwoods came back ALL the time..

i risked it an bought the touch screen dvd player.. so far so good.. just keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
10 Posts
All I know is 4/5 times that someone complains about their stereo breaking and mentions that it's a kenwood, its that hideaway face model, but best of luck!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
jvc sucks too! those bastards came back all the time! i hated installing them, knowing that they would be coming back eventually

·
Registered
10 Posts
JVC, Kenwood, Aiwa, and now circuit has 2 new ghetto brands that they just started making called "verge" and "esa" its funny though, the verge symbol is some guy about to jump off a cliff after realizing he bought such crappy material, and esa stands for "easy simply affordable." and now circuit is loosing alpine!!! gah...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts