Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have never been much into car stereos but I figured I'd add something to this one.
First of all I have the stock stereo that comes with the track model. I wanted to add a sub. I don't care about "incredible sound" or setting off car alarms, I just want a little better bass. Here are my questions.

1 What do I need to do to use a stock sub from a 350z with the Bose system?
2. What else will I need to do to intall this. "I just want to put it in the original location.
3. How much will this cost?
4. Are there any better alternatives for around the same cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the car already wired for the sub? Do I need to buy an amp also? I never did anything with stereo stuff.

Also does that sub fit in the stock location without any cutting?

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
you can mount the baselink inside the stock sub location.. since you have the track model , you will need the sub cover from a touring model.. or add vents in the panel somehow.

the baselink comes with its own amplifier.. all you will neer are power wires

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd love to get that jl stelth box thing but the guy quoted me 1300$ for everything, So I think I'm leaning toward the Basslink so far in the stock location. Is there anything special that I need to do for the install, cutting, drilling, the mat thing, ect or is it a pretty straight forward install. I'm going to look at them today.

Dave any tips????

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
alot of people seal the stock enclosure with dynamat.. im sure it would help the acoustics. You will need a touring subwoofer panel cover also.

Other than that, you will have to mount the Basslink down somehow. I guess drilling is needed to do that.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I installed the bass link between the strut bar and the seats. There is no real major drilling or anything that needs to be done. You have to run a power wire from the battery and the RCA cables and the remote turn on from the head unit. I can post some pics for you in a couple hours on how I did all of this.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys, Also one other question, In the stock location does a box"enclosure" have to be made if I went with the JL 10 inch sub? The install guy was asking me all of this so he could quote me a price.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
You would need to seal it.. probaby with fiberglass.. it would most likely be easier and cleaner to build an enclosure rather than use fiberglass..

you could just through a sub in there but it will sound crappy if not sealed or enclosed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts