Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are finally on the car

Thanks to GuyK for letting my springs bumb a lift in his Volk wheel boxes

Installation was done by my mate, he looked like he hard a bit of trouble getting the top mount on the front spring to align perfectly with the shock linkage on the bottom, but he soon sorted it

Rear was a breeze

Dropped the car off the hoist and its sitting very low. Tanabe advertise a 1.2" drop, im definitely seeing all those 1.2 inches, and lucky i have the 15mm rear spacers or itll look quite bad in the back

I set the Tokico's to 5 turns from max hard as per the instructions for street driving, the little adjustment tool is a cinch to use

Driving home the car feels softer, there is no more bounce, and about 90% of the suspension crash has gone - that remaining 10% will be in the shitty stock tyres. There is ALOT more bump absorption now, it just feels more compliant. But throwing it into a corner there is less roll and pitching....fantastic, must be the progressive springs. Launchng off the line, the rear squats a bit more, which is a good thing because grip feels slightly improved, and with the front of the car pitching up a little, it actually now feels like you're going hard. What i wasnt prepared for was how low the car feels sitting inside it, i cant see over the bootlid of a commo when stopped behind it, and i went to open the boot and had to bend down to thumb the hatch release

The Final Step comes this sat when the 19s go on. Then ill start fiddling with the adjustments on the front shocks

Pics.......some taken on mobile phone, and excuse the dirty car (by TPIACE standards) its a rainy day here :cheers:









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Looks great Sam.

It's amazing how much the wheels tuck into the guards when you drop it even an inch or so. Your Volks will fix that though....

PS I'm booked in for 10:30 Saturday at Traction.... GIDDY UP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Sam,

Can't wait to see those Volks on your lowered ride now!

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:irock: For the record I got my Volks first :nana:
yes but i ordered them 2 months before you

and im booked in for 9.30 :nana:

up to layer 6 of Zaino Z2-Pro on the rims, the gold paint is gleaming

also, the wheels look tucked in because i havent adjusted camber or done any alignment. If camber was brought back into spec, the top of the wheel would come out a bit making them sit more upright and flush with the guards......but doesnt matter, volks in 2 sleeps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,437 Posts
Looks nice TPI.. like, stock but not quite! I wonder how she'll align. Oh yeah, have fun gettin down from that curb now.. haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Absolutely beautiful wheels Sam. They will looks so good on your black Z with its drop in ride height. I can't wait to see the final result.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top