Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 base, which doesn't come with the steering wheel radio control buttons. My questions are:

1. to get them, do i have to replace the whole wheel, or can i just replace the brushed Al plates?

2. Can i just wire the controls into the PAC Module to control my new Head unit. I am not really concerned with trying to control a stock unit.

3. How would you guys go about taking this on. How much of the car is the same between the base, and higher models. If i wanted to add the fancy mirror lately is all the wire harness existing? In my past vehicles, It was very easy to add in parts from the more expensive models, it was mostly plug and play. Is this the case for the Z?

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I have an 06 base, which doesn't come with the steering wheel radio control buttons. My questions are:

1. to get them, do i have to replace the whole wheel, or can i just replace the brushed Al plates?

2. Can i just wire the controls into the PAC Module to control my new Head unit. I am not really concerned with trying to control a stock unit.

3. How would you guys go about taking this on. How much of the car is the same between the base, and higher models. If i wanted to add the fancy mirror lately is all the wire harness existing? In my past vehicles, It was very easy to add in parts from the more expensive models, it was mostly plug and play. Is this the case for the Z?
This link should answer most of your audio questions

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Steering_Wh...Control_Install

1. According to most dealers you cant just buy the brushed Al (plastic) pieces. At least according to the two dealerships I have spoken with. You can buy the Infiniti parts and adapt them over. They are a little different in finish but I doubt most people would notice. You could also try to find a wrecked car and get the parts you need off of it.

2. yes you can use the PAC module and it will work great.

3. The mirror should be a plug and play setup. You shouldnt have any issues. I will be at Courtesy Nissan later this week and I will get one of the Top level upgrade mirrors for the Z and check to see if a additional harness is included with it. If not then it is just plug and play.

B

·
0 Posts
Wont it cost too much to buy a new wheel because of the airbags? I thought that they cost alot when you have to get them involved.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Wont it cost too much to buy a new wheel because of the airbags? I thought that they cost alot when you have to get them involved.
OK read along with me now....I never at any point said to buy a New steering wheel and Airbag. According to the dealerships the only way to get the parts is on a new steering wheel. They are separate parts. I also said that you could just buy the finishers off of the Infiniti for a lot less but they dont match exactely. You will also need a new spiral cable that has all of the wires needed to run the wires through. This is not a cheap do it yourself item unless you find a wrecked car to get parts from. If you use new parts expect this to run over $500 in nissan parts alone. Then add in the PAC module and you are at an even higher total now.

READ the link....it will answer your questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts