Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided that I will stay NA with my Z33 and in the near future I will look for a decent Z32 TT that I can play with ...
what other mods should I consider , besides the ones I already have on my 350 ?:
Cat-back exhaust , test pipes , plenum , CAI , Crank Pulley , Grounding Kit , Flywheel + Clutch...

Im researching headers now ... what else is out there ?
Art

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well there are some cams and 3.9 final drive you could look into. if you get the final drive you would really notice a difference in the acceleration aspect. I was looking at buying the final drive myself. thats all i can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
The only problem with final drive is if you want to run the 1/4 at the track someone said that you will have to shift into 5th which may affect your time. Not sure if this is definate. Does anyone know for sure?

·
5,437 Posts
Whats up Art

You already seem like you got the basic NA stuff done. Id probably go with a set of headers and cams as the next few mods, then consider an A/F controller or reflash the ECU, as fuel mgmt may become an issue as you drift further and further away from stock settings.

When was the last time you were tuned on a dyno?

Also, you goin to the meet tomorrow?? I gotta see/hear your car with that setup man!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 13 2004, 08:29 AM
Whats up Art 

You already seem like you got the basic NA stuff done.  Id probably go with a set of headers and cams as the next few mods, then consider an A/F controller or reflash the ECU, as fuel mgmt may become an issue as you drift further and further away from stock settings. 

When was the last time you were tuned on a dyno?

Also, you goin to the meet tomorrow??  I gotta see/hear your car with that setup man!

Yea , Ecu reflash is a must , but I'll get that after the headers , cams and 3.9 drive..
I never was tuned on a dyno , I figured first I would add mods and then tune it..
this NA stuff is getting expensive..

I think the meet is on Sunday , not tomorrow ?
dont think Im gonna be able to make it
, im going upstate to visit my bro and his fam... do you have the link for the original thread somewhere on the G site ?

350z whats greddy emanage unit ?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Aug 13 2004, 11:28 AM
350z whats greddy emanage unit ?

its another way to tune your car, heres a description:

e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment (which we dont have), real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Aug 13 2004, 03:38 PM
weight reduction is done already , I weigh 2988 lbs...
is it better to get the emanage unit or to do the reflash ?

can the dealership tell that there was something done to the ECU ?

Haha yeah I saw your post on the other site about that. Not too much left to take out in there.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could always go with CF doors - but thats a little too risky and pricey for me
I would love to get CF hatch without the glass or something like that..
TK should get on this project with some vendor :hint hint:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Without conceit, I think I can say I am perhaps the most experienced 350Z owner in the USA on N/A mods. If not, then certainly among the top five. If I had it to do over again, I would go F/I in a New York minute. N/A mods are more expensive and you get less rwhp in the end. That's what people told me in the beginning, but I was determined that N/A is more reliable, which is true.

I am getting the 3.9 final drive ratio (ring & pinion) in the next couple of weeks, and I will post a review as soon as I get a chance to drive it. If you really wanna go N/A hog wild, there is the AEBS Racing 4.3 liter stroker kit with sleeves and forged internals. The parts cost $7,850 and labor will probably be about $2,000. They have 11.5/1 and 11.0/1 pistons for N/A, and 8.5/1 pistons for F/I. The ultimate 350Z would be a Greddy or Power Enterprise TT/intercooler with 4.3 liter stroker kit.

Of course you could just buy a new 911 for what all that will set you back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm staying all N/A, with the addition to the mods in my sig I'm also doing:

Nismo LSD
350EVO Throttle Body and Final Drive Ratio 3.9
Tilton 8lb Clutch (Street Edition)
Tomei 268 Cams

And maybe some higher compression pistons on down the road considering I don't spray.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by jeb1517@Aug 17 2004, 03:48 AM
LBSOHK, i read that u got weight reduction done to ur car....do u know what things they took out of ur car...im very interested so the more detail the better....thanks in advance!!

hey , I responded to your other thread here....
if anyone is intrested in losing some weight of your car and are not worried about sacrificing a little comfort - check out the link..

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Bebopin Spike@Aug 16 2004, 12:17 AM
I'm staying all N/A, with the addition to the mods in my sig I'm also doing:

Nismo LSD
350EVO Throttle Body and Final Drive Ratio 3.9
Tilton 8lb Clutch (Street Edition)
Tomei 268 Cams

And maybe some higher compression pistons on down the road considering I don't spray. 

did you dyno your car yet or are you planning too ?
me and the guys at my local Z club are planning a Dyno day in early september... I hope to get at least headers installed by that time..

Richard - thanks , thats some good info there.. people told me the same about saving my money on F/I , but I dont see myself dropping at least 4K at one time.. at least not yet ..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dynoed 252rwhp and 248lbs with:

Nismo CAI - Headers - Exhaust
UR Crank Pulley
Crawford Plenum v5
InsaneAmine Groundking Kit (HA!)

I added test pipes a month afterwards and have not de-dynoed yet.

I'd like to see in the 260's w/o cats, cause' it seems to be that cams are the major kick in the ass when trying to extract power out of the VQ staying N/A.

ECU is going to become an issue soon I believe, but I want to wait until I'm all done with my N/A mods before flashing provided my engine will tolerate it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts