Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just had to vent..

I ordered a cell phone battery for my Motorola V8160.. and Cellmods.com sends me the wrong battery. It fits in the phone, but is too tall to close the case around.. and does not power up the phone. Soo pretty much its useless.

So, I send an E-mail to the company stating that they sent me the wrong battery.. only to recieve this:

If you'd like I can process a refund.  If you decide to return the item please ship to the address below and insure that the item is packed securely.  Also please include your email address this email correspondence and auction item number.

Lawrence Bong

PO Box 2511

Sugar Land, TX 77487

Thank You,

Cellmods

www.cellmods.com

[email protected]

So, I write back, stating that I still need a battery. Sending back their incorrect product does not fix this. Not only that, but as usual, the shipping companies screw you and overcharge for shipping. The battery cost $6, shipping was like $8. So, does it make sense for me to ship it back? Obviously not.

I then sent another e-mail after he ignored my next one (asking for a phone number to call so I can complain in real-time lol) and guess what, still getting ignored.

Why is it that he can just send me the wrong product, and still get paid for it because its cost prohibitive to ship back and get my refund?? What if he just sent me a box full of air? I'd still be out with no way to fight it. Buying off the internet SUCKS.

Anyone know any good, reputable companies that I can get a battery from? Its been over a month now that I do not have a battery that holds charge for more than 2 hours..

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Justtalkrealfastyouwillsaveminutesandbatterywilllastloner.:wink:

Sorry Jet...I get replacements from the cellular service provider that sold me the phone.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It sounds like he was saying to you "I don't have what you need, so you can return it". Granted, he didn't say it explicitly. Why are you paying $8 for shipping. Throw the battery in a padded envelope, add two stamps, and drop it in the mail box. I will cost you $0.74 and you will get $6 in return.

It still sucks that he sold you the wrong battery. As a side note, don't use just-talk.com either.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That sucks Jet. On the other hand, don't they sell just about everything on the streets of NYC? :rolf2: You couldn't find a battery in a store somewhere in that huge metropolis?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Cell phone batteries are like, $70 for my phone :dunno:

Even car chargers are $30...so I just let the p.o.s. die. I'm not about to spend that much money on an extra battery when my battery life was "supposed" to be 3 days long :helpsmilie:

Sorry you got screwed though.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Argh its frustrating. I'm gonna start looking again today if I feel motivated enough. Believe it or not, there's no store around here that just carries stuff like that.. its an older phone. But its really small and sounds great, so I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts