Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

im about to buy a 350z. i had a look at this beautiful tiptronic Z a few days ago and i want to know whether theres a problem with it.

When the driver drives, i can hear a "static" sort of noise for about 2secs and it goes away. it doesnt sound like clicking.

if there is a problem from the rear axles, would "ANY" nissan dealer fix it under warrenty ? or do i have to travel all the way to the original dealer ? original dealer is too far away, about 3hours drive.

any help would be good.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If the car is still under warranty, you can get that fixed @ any nissan dealership! That's no problem!

With the static click noise that you described, it might be the brake pads or the hub bearings, not too sure... better get it checked out... and if you can reproduce the noise whenever you want, that will be a plus for the dealer to find out what exactly wrong with the car! Best of luck!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the car is still under warranty, you can get that fixed @ any nissan dealership! That's no problem!

With the static click noise that you described, it might be the brake pads or the hub bearings, not too sure... better get it checked out... and if you can reproduce the noise whenever you want, that will be a plus for the dealer to find out what exactly wrong with the car! Best of luck!

cheers,

richie
cool thnx for that.

last question; do i need to get him to fix it under warrenty ? or can i do it myself(can warrenty be transferred over to me) ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the noise coming from the outside or inside of the car? I had the same type of noise on the inside due to the interior.
umm, it sounds very external as it only happened when the car was moving(not taking off from a stand still, but during acceleration). it wasnt annoying, but i'd like to get it checked out by nissan to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI - Before you have them do any work, make sure the warranty is good for the part that is broken or making that noise. If the noise is caused by something that isn't broken, they may not consider it part of the warranty. Bumper to bumper warranty has a different meaning to different people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts