Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Frist Mods to 03 Touring 6spd

• Awesome Start!!! Head in the right direction!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't do it! Here is what I suggest...

• Keep it stock! Looks good as is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tthis is what I came up with to start:
- Air Intake: I'm eyeing the JWT Pop Charger w/ Heat Shield.
- A Plenum Spacer. I'm eyeing the Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer and Iso-Thermal Gasket Kit.
- A set of Test pipes. I'm eyeing the APS cat-delete race pipes
- Pulleys. I'm eye the UR Ultra SS Crank Pulley Set.
- Springs. Still reseaching.
- Exterior: I like the Seibon VS-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip. I know this really doesn't add HP but I like it.

I think with some more research I could find all this stuff for about $1k-$1200. After that I really want to get the Stop Tech Stage 2 brake upgrade kit w/ slotted rotors. I think for about a total of $2k after shipping and installation, i'll do myself but lift time cost $$$, those are a good start.

What do the longer owning owners think?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I know it get repetitive when people continously ask is the better than this for each part w/o researching.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hrmm.. someone delete my post?

everything looks good except the test pipes.
+1

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i personally think it all depends on wether you want to go FI in the future or not...

- Air Intake: I'm eyeing the JWT Pop Charger w/ Heat Shield. (if going FI it will be useless)
- A Plenum Spacer. I'm eyeing the Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer and Iso-Thermal Gasket Kit. ( i personally would prefer an APS tall boy, or SSV manifold if planning to go FI)
- A set of Test pipes. I'm eyeing the APS cat-delete race pipes (excellent choice, if going FI TP is the way to go, and theAPS TP are top notch, you can get resonated TP to avoid the rasp)
- Pulleys. I'm eye the UR Ultra SS Crank Pulley Set. ( :thumbsup: )
- Exterior: I like the Seibon VS-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip. I know this really doesn't add HP but I like it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
do high flow cats throw the CEL?
No. Not mine (Crawfords) and not from what I've heard.

I would also research the UR pulley mod. Some people have been known to mess up the internal harmonics of their engines with this mod. Not all, and not many, but the chances are still evident.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Tthis is what I came up with to start:
- Air Intake: I'm eyeing the JWT Pop Charger w/ Heat Shield.
- A Plenum Spacer. I'm eyeing the Motordyne 5/16" Plenum Spacer and Iso-Thermal Gasket Kit.
- A set of Test pipes. I'm eyeing the APS cat-delete race pipes
- Pulleys. I'm eye the UR Ultra SS Crank Pulley Set.

I think with some more research I could find all this stuff for about $1k-$1200. After that I really want to get the Stop Tech Stage 2 brake upgrade kit w/ slotted rotors. I think for about a total of $2k after shipping and installation, i'll do myself but lift time cost $$$, those are a good start.

What do the longer owning owners think?

I would skp the intake, but most everything else seems alright. For those parts, you shouldn't need a lift at all. EASILY done in your garage on stands.

your CEL fix:
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:St...With_Test_Pipes

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have 2004 with test pipes. CEL will not stay off. It is getting annoying.

Do you know the code you are getting? If you tried(and I thought you have) the nonfoulers and they didn't work, I would guess you have a damaged o2 sensor.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I say skip the test pipes and get a full exhaust instead.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts