Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 350 I have had it about a month. I had to add a quart of oil today. Initially the car had a valve cover gasket leak. I got it fixed and topped off oil. Now I am adding and not seeing any on the ground, but I can smell oil at times when driving. Is this common? Starting to look for another engine.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
Welcome- the first question is how many miles are on this Z? Did you do a leakdown or compression test before buying it?

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
130K miles is quite a bit of mileage if the VQ35DE wasn't well-maintained. Any maintenance records? I'd also check to see if the valve cover gaskets aren't leaking oil around the spark plugs. Plugs should've been changed at 100K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
04 350 I have had it about a month. I had to add a quart of oil today. Initially the car had a valve cover gasket leak. I got it fixed and topped off oil. Now I am adding and not seeing any on the ground, but I can smell oil at times when driving. Is this common? Starting to look for another engine.
I just had my valve cover gaskets replaced also. It will take a while for the oil that had previously leaked to burn off so i would give it a while before i started to think about doing anything drastic. Most likely the shop you took it too didn't clean off the leaked oil. Mine still smelled for a couple weeks after the replacement so i wouldn't be to overly concerned unless of course it doesn't clear up soon. Just give it a little time

·
Registered
2006, 350Z track
4 Posts
Got a question. I have a 2006 350 Track, 31,000 miles. Nissmo exhaust, Nissan cold air induction and new Michelin tires. Daytona blue, not a scratch on it. Garaged in heated garage.
Anyone have a clue what it is worth?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
Valuation questions depend on where you live. Why not start a new thread and post the question along with your location or zip code to get an answer? This thread is about oil burning and possible repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a question. I have a 2006 350 Track, 31,000 miles. Nissmo exhaust, Nissan cold air induction and new Michelin tires. Daytona blue, not a scratch on it. Garaged in heated garage.
Anyone have a clue what it is worth?
Thanks
Does it look like mine? Factory spoilers etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts