Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well spent the morning at nizpro installing my new kenetix ssv manifold, i was i little worried as ive read a few posts on other forums of the manifold actually loosing power.. and Simon also thought i would go backwards with it.

i jumped on the dyno with the following mods

fuji headers
magnaflow cats
fuji y pipe
fuji cat back exhaust
injen short ram air intake with bbs replacement filter

and reached 167.9rwkw

and then with the manifold 169.2rwkw

with more gain in the mid section of about 5kw (see dyno)

torque was increased for 872nm to 892nm

now there not the best gains but hey a gain is a gain, the car dose pull harder through the mid section and by far the best thing about it is the sound a real deep bellow :irock:
plus the bling factor. over all im happy.

next : a utec

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
There's more to life than just outright power, and if the plenum improves response and tractability then its a good thing.

The JUN flywheel I'm using should add 0rwkW, but it just makes the car so much more enjoyable to blip on heel-toe changes that even if it doesn't improve acceleration I'd still think it was a reasonable mod.

And your 890N is actually tractive effort, not torque. Its measured in Newtons. If your engine managed to double the torque output from standard without FI, I would be very impressed...or thought you did a diesel conversion since you're making so little power for 890Nm of torque.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i agree, the car feels a lot better to drive, it seems to enjoy being up in the rev's if that makes scenes

ok im trying to post this dyno but every time i go to add this attachment, it loads then reboots the page with no attachment :banghead: :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
AP350,

That's great to hear that you love it.... and I guess you saw my car there as well when you were in yesterday... engine out and waiting for the cylinder heads to come back in... :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah very nice car Richie i had a peek, your car looks like its a track worrier

i was talking with simon about a set of cam for my car, he said its an engine out job which = big $$ installation :(

gota save a lil bit more.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i don't think installing only the cam need to take the whole engine out. I'm sure the US people did it just opening up t he Plenum and engine while still in the car.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I had a chat with my mechanic, and he said doing the heads is such a bitch there's little difference in time and effort between leaving the engine in or taking it out, but the latter makes it a shitload easier for him.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got my Kinetix SSV in the mail today!!! **** YEAH!!!

Just gotta wait a week to get home and install it. I work away on an open cut mine 1100kms away from Perth. ****! I can't wait any longer!

I'll flick up some pics when its done!

Just waiting now for the Nextgear Isothermal plenum gasket to arrive from Miami, Florida. It should waiting for me by the time I get home.

Hey Toykilla,
Thanks for the great install writeup and pics for me to follow in the "how to" section in this forum, that will come in very handy indeed. Job well done!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Is that all our cars put to the ground... I thought they would put out close to 170rwkw stock..

lol. What they 'put to the groud' depends very much on a dyno that you take it to. One will read 135kW atw, and another 180kW atw (and anything in between).

Dyno reading is specific to that dyno also, and nothing else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts